Page 62 of 689 FirstFirst ... 425254555657585960616263646566676869707282 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
    Recounted my days and I am at day 53 without my licenses :-(
    That is very unfortunate.
    Its for RPAL?

day 139 and still no license. rpal. weekley calls and letters to mp with no response.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pummumu View Post
    That is very unfortunate.
    Its for RPAL?
    RPAL yes, I called them up on Friday, and they approved my application on the spot! :-)

I posted this in another thread, but it may be more appropriate to post it here, as well:
    Just for reference, my PAL/RPAL experience:
    July 8/9, 2016 - Took the CFSC/CRSFC course, passed practical and written
    Aug 29, 2016 - Received a copy of my stamped test results. This was by far the longest part of the process, at least it felt like it; waiting for the results everyday. The CFO's office also started a new process where they are emailing results. In all honesty the email looks like spam. The sender is "Photocopy Room" and the email title is "Copy of paperwork." Luckily one of my buddies opened the email with his results and realized what it was, otherwise I might've deleted it as spam. So to those reading this post, be careful! Don't accidentally delete your results. I made the suggestion to the CFO's office to make it look less like spam, but not sure if they've changed it since. Curiously enough, about a week ago I received a physical copy of my stamped test results in the mail (already had my licence by this time).
    Sept 27, 2016 - Mailed my application in by priority mail (tracked). I know, I sat on it for some time.
    Sept 29, 2016 - Received in Miramichi
    Oct 13, 2016 - Payment Processed
    Oct 19, 2016 - Reference was contacted, but he was on holidays overseas! Had my friend been here I would have likely received my licence within 2 weeks from Oct 19. The kicker about this is that I was also my buddy's reference as well, I answered when they called, so when he came back from holiday (Nov 4th) his licence was sitting in his mailbox. I got my licence with two other buddies and the RCMP only chose to call one reference for each of us.
    Nov 4, 2016 - My buddy contacts the RCMP upon his return.
    Nov 15, 2016 - Licence received. ALL DONE!
    As I went through this process I found it useful to go through these forums and read about these timelines, so I thought I'd share my experience.
    I sat on my application for a month, so all in all, it was a pretty quick process. Some people suggest mailing in your application before you receive your stamped results so that you can start that 28 day timer, but in my case it was close to 2 months until I received my stamped results back; so Miramichi could be sitting on your app for some time. Nonetheless, the path is yours to take!
    Good luck to those reading this post and on their way to getting their licence.

Took my course Oct 29/30. Registered mail to Miramichi was received on November 4th. CC charged on the 17th.

Called in today (Nov 24th), they said they needed 1 of my references to call, gave me the extension and file number. My reference called in at noonish, I called back at 4 to see what the next step was and was informed it had been approved. My 28 day waiting period is up on the 2nd of December so they said they would mail it out then.

Definitely worth calling in! Both people I spoke with today were happy to help and talk to me on the phone.

Looks like I'll be getting an early Christmas present this year

CGN Regular
    Here I kept track of my progress very well.

First application.

CFSC/CRFSC Test Passed: 09/11/2016
    Application Mailed: 09/23/2016 (had to ask friends from Ontario to sign the forms, took em 2 weeks to send them out lol)
    Application Delivered: 09/26/2016 - DAY 1
    Credit Card Charged on: 10/06/2016 - DAY 10
    Application Status Online: 10/06/2016 (Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Called in to check on app: 10/06/2016.
    Received letter from RCMP: 10/14/2016. - DAY 18 (Apparently I left my guarantor section empty? Impossible I triple checked... Unless I accidentally put my father down as my conjugal partner... oh god lmao.)
    Resent the missing info: 10/17/2016 (was told there was a mistake on the guarantor section. :-()
    Missing part delivered on: 10/20/2016 - DAY 24
    Application status part 2: 10/27/2016 - DAY 31 (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Friend(s) called in on: 11/08/2016 - DAY 43 (Interview took about 5 minutes, he also called like 10 minutes before closing. So maybe that is why.)
    Called in to check on app: 11/09/2016 - DAY 45 (I asked them if they needed anything else -- was told that my application was sent out to the CFO for final approval.)
    Called in again to check : 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Called them to see if they need anything else, was on hold for 5 mins and they approved it on the spot!)
    Application Status part 3: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000))
    License Issued: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54
    License Received: 11/25/2016 - DAY 60

Shortened track for people who are too lazy to read all of that :D:

CFSC/CRFSC Test Passed: 09/11/2016
    Application Mailed: 09/23/2016 (had to ask friends from Ontario to sign the forms, took em 2 weeks to send them out lol)
    Application Delivered: 09/26/2016 - DAY 1
    Credit Card Charged on: 10/06/2016 - DAY 10
    Application Status Online: 10/27/2016 - DAY 31 (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Friend(s) called in on: 11/08/2016 - DAY 43 (Interview took about 5 minutes, he also called like 10 minutes before closing. So maybe that is why.)
    Called in again to check : 11/18/2016 - DAY 54 (Called them to see if they need anything else, was on hold for 5 mins and they approved it on the spot!)
    License Issued: 11/18/2016 - DAY 54
    License Received: 11/25/2016 - DAY 60
    Last edited by White Tiger; 11-25-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Did the course July 30th in the Toronto area, still haven't got the papers or an email. I contacted the FSESO by email and got a response on October 3rd that they were processing July tests. Unbelievable how long it is taking.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeOfWoe View Post
    Did the course July 30th in the Toronto area, still haven't got the papers or an email. I contacted the FSESO by email and got a response on October 3rd that they were processing July tests. Unbelievable how long it is taking.
    You should really call them again. This post here (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ocessing-times) suggests others in your same time frame have received their results weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeOfWoe View Post
    TreeOfWoe, I agree with TheFalseProphet; you should definitely call them. If you look at my post above, I did my CSFC/CRSFC in July as well (it was in the GTA area) and I received my results at the end of August. It's late November now, I would think that you'd have received your stamped results back by now.
    The wheels could have fallen off in two places:
    1) The place where you did your tests. I'd try calling them and making sure that they did indeed mail out your tests to the CFO.
    2) The CFO's office: did they receive your test results, and have they mailed the stamped results yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dog_dy View Post
    TreeOfWoe, I agree with TheFalseProphet; you should definitely call them. If you look at my post above, I did my CSFC/CRSFC in July as well (it was in the GTA area) and I received my results at the end of August. It's late November now, I would think that you'd have received your stamped results back by now.
    The wheels could have fallen off in two places:
    1) The place where you did your tests. I'd try calling them and making sure that they did indeed mail out your tests to the CFO.
    2) The CFO's office: did they receive your test results, and have they mailed the stamped results yet.
    Weird. Like I said, early October they said they were processing July tests, but I still haven't got it. Thanks for the tip - I'll call tomorrow morning and find out.