Page 13 of 691 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trottd2 View Post
    Where do you check online to check the status? I am still waiting for my paper work to come back to send in my app and picture.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...pp_dem-eng.htm

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    Quote Originally Posted by FordStyle View Post
    It was the Alberta CFO office lol
    This probably explains my wait. They received mine oct 18th and was at the CFO's office After 31 days. Still waiting.

CGN frequent flyer Sixgunjohnny's Avatar
    j_06 are you in AB or BC?

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    I'm from bc but have been in alberta the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by trottd2 View Post
    Where do you check online to check the status? I am still waiting for my paper work to come back to send in my app and picture.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...pp_dem-eng.htm

It has been 6 weeks since the phone interview. I called the 800# and not getting much help. I went to the CFO office today in Surrey. The officer was friendly and he approved my PAL in few minutes. The online status was updated and will get my PAL in 2 weeks.
    If you decided not to wait any longer, I suggested you either call or visit your local CFO office.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB View Post
    It has been 6 weeks since the phone interview. I called the 800# and not getting much help. I went to the CFO office today in Surrey. The officer was friendly and he approved my PAL in few minutes. The online status was updated and will get my PAL in 2 weeks.
    If you decided not to wait any longer, I suggested you either call or visit your local CFO office.
    FYI:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/c...fo-caf-eng.htm

I called 1 800-731-4000 yesterday and they told me to call back in a week. would it be a good idea to just call the BC CFO?

My application took 93 days 7 weeks of that was sitting at the BC CFO. I live a few minutes away from the CFO office so I went down there on the 93rd day and after giving the man at the counter my drivers license I was approved 5 minutes later. He apologized and told me there was a backlog. There were no issues with my application, very straight forward, no exes, no criminal past, references checked out fine and right away... yet I still saw people from BC who's applications were sent in after mine get their RPALs before me.... I think the reality is they don't approve them in the order they get them and its just random to a degree. I've heard of other people who wait going in or calling in and getting approved right away also... so my advice, go in if you can, call in if you can't and keep calling

Now I'm watching the mail box

The wait is so hard. It has been exactly 2 weeks since my app showed up online. I think it's been 37 days in total so I'm on the shorter end of the wait time but it still hasn't been any easier. All I want to do is go buy my first firearm and head on up to the local range for a good time.