Page 22 of 691 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Newbie here, all you guys that say your RPAL was issued after 28 days, did you do anything special to speed up the process? If so what seemed to work best?

cheers

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I have been lurking around for a little while ever since I decided to re-apply for my PAL last month.

I have been reading a lot of questions concerning processing time, CFO approval time frame and so forth. For those of you who are looking for a general estimate for a PAL only application, I hope my experience will help you answer some of your questions.

- I mailed all the requirements on December 16, 2013 by ExpressPost. Miramichi received my application the next day.
    - My application was processed on January 16, 2014. Interestingly, my references and myself were never interviewed.
    - My PAL was approved by the CFO and issued on January 23, 2014.
    - I got my licence in the mail on January 27, 2014.

Starting December 16, 2013, it took 28 business days, or in total, 43 days.

I know this can vary greatly, especially in different provinces, but I'd like to think most applications has a similar lapse of time.

Thank you!
    Me: "Oh look! A deer!"
    My Brother-in-Law: "Where?!?"
    Me: "On my tuque. I didn't realize I had an embroidered patch."
    My Brother-in-Law: "I should shoot you!"

Quote Originally Posted by jimip View Post
    Sent my RPAL/PAL applictaion registered mail, arrived December 16, called on January 10th asked for status because they had not chrged my card yet and it was not showing up online. Checked Jaunuary 13th they had charged my card and it showed in progress online will call again begining of next week.
    Called this morning only on hold for a few minutes did my interveiw and got my # for my references to call in which they will do this week. I was told that if your wait to be called your application will take quite a bit longer to be approved.

how long until i should call? i sent it in on the 6th of Jan. Whats the number?

Quote Originally Posted by edleblan View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum but I have been lurking around for a little while ever since I decided to re-apply for my PAL last month.

I have been reading a lot of questions concerning processing time, CFO approval time frame and so forth. For those of you who are looking for a general estimate for a PAL only application, I hope my experience will help you answer some of your questions.

- I mailed all the requirements on December 16, 2013 by ExpressPost. Miramichi received my application the next day.
    - My application was processed on January 16, 2014. Interestingly, my references and myself were never interviewed.
    - My PAL was approved by the CFO and issued on January 23, 2014.
    - I got my licence in the mail on January 27, 2014.

Starting December 16, 2013, it took 28 business days, or in total, 43 days.

I know this can vary greatly, especially in different provinces, but I'd like to think most applications has a similar lapse of time.

Thank you!

Hi Edleblan, was this your first time applying for a PAL, or did you have an expired one? Also did you ask for the restricted category on it?

I'm curious why you and your references weren't interviewed.
    Last edited by schumy; 01-28-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: forgot to quote

Quote Originally Posted by Santoneski View Post
    how long until i should call? i sent it in on the 6th of Jan. Whats the number?
    I would call this week 1-800-731-4000

CGN Regular
    They received my application on 12 DEC. Checked today and says its issued and now just have to wait for it in the mail. Not bad. No interviews or anything. Guess not required for PALs.

Mine was received December 12th, Still in process.. i called them the first time on Jan 24th, they said that it was complete and sent to the CFO (Quebec), called back today and they said i was still within the normal delays of 45 days (even though it is passed the 45 days ...). I will try calling back tuesday or wednesday and try to get some answers. None of my references were called, and neither did i. This is annoying ...

Here's my story
    Test: Saturday October 5 2013
    Sent: Saturday October 5 2013
    Received : October 11
    Payment taken November 7
    Online status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    **** this has been this way since November 15th I am currently at 120 days.
    *** I have two criminal records
    *** one from 2001 , fail to stop for police officer and dangerous driving. The other is from dec 2008 uttering threats via text message . Both were summary charges and received probation and community service.
    **** took anti depressants in 2011 for 6 months because I was living in another province and became home sick. Wasn't suicidal or hospitalized.
    *** I was honest in full detail on my application and was told 2 weeks ago it would be another two months. Today it is February 1st

I am applying for non restricted pal