Page 27 of 691 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728293031323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Mailed from Toronto: May 23rd
    Received by RCMP: May 27th
    Showed up in system and credit card billed: Jun 23rd

I called them and they said they were about 5 weeks behind and were processing things sent in the week of May 26th this week.

Application for PAL/RPAL
    -May 26 Received in Miramichi
    -June 20 Credit card billed.
    -June 23 Called today and was told my application has everything they need, and one of my references needs to call in. I should call in next week, once the interview has been done.
    -June 23 Reference calls in, 2 minute interview of the normal questions
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

I hope I get it quickly, like other guys that had a similar process.

First time pal/rpal application received in mail today, just about 5 months since received at CFC.

CGN Regular
    holly chemolly how many threads like this do we need guys.... just freaking wait and it will come
    Governments will always be corrupt by their own ignorance.

Save the skeets! Buy a rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelplink View Post
    holly chemolly how many threads like this do we need guys.... just freaking wait and it will come
    I don't understand your complaint, its a "PAL wait time" titled thread.

"Just freaking wait"? oh, ok. lol

I took my course in the beginning of February, sent it away and was received on the 24th of February.

4 months less a day I got my 1st time RPAL/PAL. Now that's not a big deal, but when like half the people who took the course with me got theirs in less then half the time, I find that a little confusing. No logical reason it should take that long for one person and not another. I'm sure if I got pulled over by a Cop he could have pulled up all my info in under a min, and I don't have to pay him $80 to do it.

I understand backlog, but if the backlog gets too much, hire staff and get the job done. If revenue Canada calls me up and says my taxes were filled incorrectly and I owe them money, can I tell them I'm too busy and "Just freaking wait" till I get around to it?

I also think the system is backwards. You should apply for a PAL or RPAL, then if your approved you take a course or challenge a test. Not only would it save you money if you didn't get approved, but what you learn will stay fresh.

Lets not forget that we pay a good amount of money for this service. Not the type of money you pay and should have to wait 3,4,5,6,7,8 months or more for service. Not to mention the variation in wait time. I would greatly appreciate an explanation on that, not that I'd ever expect one.

About once a month I hear about another drunk driver who killed someone, far more then I hear about gun crimes. Yet I can get a drivers license in 15 mins if I pass the test, hit the liquor store down the street and be a serious threat to public safety. And no one questions the drivers license process. Some nut job uses his gun to kill people and you hear "should psych evaluations be required to get a PAL?"

Rant over. 4 months IMO is BS, and like everyone else, this is our only place to b1tch about it, lol. I complained to a 'friend' of mine and he said "And you want a gun", like I was unstable or something, cause I'm not happy about waiting 2+ months more then Joe Blow. Its the common reaction that if your anxious to get your PAL/RPAL you should be ashamed, or unsafe or something. I've always had an interest in firearms, finally did the requirements, paid in full, yet get treated like a prisoner applying for parole or something. Like my time doesn't matter. "Shut up and wait".

Theres a mandatory waiting period, anything reasonable after that is unacceptable IMO. No reason your file should sit in limbo for 28 days.

Ok, now rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
    I don't understand your complaint, its a "PAL wait time" titled thread.

"Just freaking wait"? oh, ok. lol

I took my course in the beginning of February, sent it away and was received on the 24th of February.

4 months less a day I got my 1st time RPAL/PAL. Now that's not a big deal, but when like half the people who took the course with me got theirs in less then half the time, I find that a little confusing. No logical reason it should take that long for one person and not another. I'm sure if I got pulled over by a Cop he could have pulled up all my info in under a min, and I don't have to pay him $80 to do it.

I understand backlog, but if the backlog gets too much, hire staff and get the job done. If revenue Canada calls me up and says my taxes were filled incorrectly and I owe them money, can I tell them I'm too busy and "Just freaking wait" till I get around to it?

I also think the system is backwards. You should apply for a PAL or RPAL, then if your approved you take a course or challenge a test. Not only would it save you money if you didn't get approved, but what you learn will stay fresh.

Lets not forget that we pay a good amount of money for this service. Not the type of money you pay and should have to wait 3,4,5,6,7,8 months or more for service. Not to mention the variation in wait time. I would greatly appreciate an explanation on that, not that I'd ever expect one.

About once a month I hear about another drunk driver who killed someone, far more then I hear about gun crimes. Yet I can get a drivers license in 15 mins if I pass the test, hit the liquor store down the street and be a serious threat to public safety. And no one questions the drivers license process. Some nut job uses his gun to kill people and you hear "should psych evaluations be required to get a PAL?"

Rant over. 4 months IMO is BS, and like everyone else, this is our only place to b1tch about it, lol. I complained to a 'friend' of mine and he said "And you want a gun", like I was unstable or something, cause I'm not happy about waiting 2+ months more then Joe Blow. Its the common reaction that if your anxious to get your PAL/RPAL you should be ashamed, or unsafe or something. I've always had an interest in firearms, finally did the requirements, paid in full, yet get treated like a prisoner applying for parole or something. Like my time doesn't matter. "Shut up and wait".

Theres a mandatory waiting period, anything reasonable after that is unacceptable IMO. No reason your file should sit in limbo for 28 days.

Ok, now rant over.
    I completely agree. I never bothered responding to the guy you quoted, but you took the words out of my mouth. This should not take so long. It should be like you say, and take about as long as a passport. There's no good excuse.

To those who complain about these wait time threads.... just don't read them.

I've been waiting for well over a year for a decision to my RPAL application and it's been sitting with the CFO since last year, I haven't heard from him since november. left him voicemail since then, i have yet to receive a call back from him.

Application Received on: 2013/04/15

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle2391 View Post
    I've been waiting for well over a year for a decision to my RPAL application and it's been sitting with the CFO since last year, I haven't heard from him since november. left him voicemail since then, i have yet to receive a call back from him.

Application Received on: 2013/04/15

Now thats absurd. I read about someones application taking so long that they finally contacted their MLA I think. That got the ball rolling in a hurry and they got a call back within the week. Turned out one of their references used a different name then what was on their birth certificate. Like their name was Robert, but they put Rob, something like that. Yet it was enough to get their application put in limbo.

I would imagine there is something like that, thats holding up your application. Have you tried just talking to the CFC people? I called the CFO a bunch of times and only got through once. That was like the second time I called ironically. Try calling early in the morning.

I would go the political route myself. I'll try to find the thread for you.

my question is, well two of them really, my PAL has been at the BC cfo for a bit now, the lady i spoke with back east did a quick back ground check while i was on the phone and said there is nothing that would prevent a PAL being issued, so how long is the norm for bc cfo, also, i keep reading about how people contact the cfo in bc directly, all the numbers i find are the 1800 now that take me back east, anyone know the number?
    thanks