Page 28 of 691 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242526272829303132333435363848 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular
    @PlayDoh, I think the process of getting permission to own a firearm is purposely made to be a "jump through the hoops" obstacle course. they don't want people owning firearms, so it's purposely made inefficient and time consuming. just looks how much of a pain it is to own a restricted. which I don't personally want because of all of that BS. there is no fun left to be had. I don't want to have to be a member of a range. nor do i want all the hassle for travelling with it. I know many of you have your RPAL because you recognise this, and have a well 2 can play at this game attitude. I commend you that do. but that's not for me.

Personally, I have applied for a normal PAL and:
    Application Received on: 2014/04/*
    Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

I want to call in and inquire as to what's taking so long myself. But I don't want to seem overly anxious about it, and I already called once to ensure that my application was accurate. what would you guys do? wait a bit longer? or give em a call, and if you are, what would you say to them on the phone?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    Yessah! time for me to go shopping
    Yeah quoting my own post loll
    From the 17 of Jan 2014 to the 4th of july 2014 is the time my regular PAL lasted cause at the later date i sent for my R so if any of you thinks *Nah i don't really need a restricted license* you are so wrong lol. Sooner or later you will send for the other one. Hoping to get myself a German Sig P226 when it gets here (depending on the budget)

CGN Regular
    congrats! this also puts me at ease cause you put yours in way before me. thanks for the update on your status

Quote Originally Posted by wd123 View Post

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

I want to call in and inquire as to what's taking so long myself. But I don't want to seem overly anxious about it, and I already called once to ensure that my application was accurate. what would you guys do? wait a bit longer? or give em a call, and if you are, what would you say to them on the phone?
    Dude, they've had your app since April and their turnaround time is quoted at 45 days...don't be shy about calling and inquiring. Polite but firm will almost always get you results. You shouldn't worry about calling.

Good luck.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wd123 View Post
    @PlayDoh, I think the process of getting permission to own a firearm is purposely made to be a "jump through the hoops" obstacle course. they don't want people owning firearms, so it's purposely made inefficient and time consuming. just looks how much of a pain it is to own a restricted. which I don't personally want because of all of that BS. there is no fun left to be had. I don't want to have to be a member of a range. nor do i want all the hassle for travelling with it. I know many of you have your RPAL because you recognise this, and have a well 2 can play at this game attitude. I commend you that do. but that's not for me.

It's not though. If the process was designed to hinder people getting their licenses, then people would not be getting them faster than the website has posted as the turnaround time. It's also not a time consuming process. 12 hours of class time for PAL/RPAL, half an hour to fill the application out, then two calls to the CFC for a total of 13 hours of actual time invested in getting it. License issued in 44 days, only because I delayed the second call to the CFC by a few days.

Call them back and say it's been x amount of days and you were wondering if there is anything holding it up. They an pull it up in real time and push it through right then if it's ready to go. If anything, people's applications are being delayed by the people who are calling and guiding the process along.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    I completely agree. I never bothered responding to the guy you quoted, but you took the words out of my mouth. This should not take so long. It should be like you say, and take about as long as a passport. There's no good excuse.
    You tell me, when i was checking for my PAL all i did was enter my info and enter it would say "it's being processed or what ever" now you have to use a stupid CG key 3/4 of the time the damn site is down and you cant get any info on where your application is. I'm even starting to wonder if the cops really sent it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Innavedaw View Post
    Dude, they've had your app since April and their turnaround time is quoted at 45 days...don't be shy about calling and inquiring. Polite but firm will almost always get you results. You shouldn't worry about calling.

Good luck.
    and whiteoutjeeper too.

TY, maybe I will give them a call on monday then.

BANNED
    Just a reminder for all of you guys trying the CG key with chrome or any other "updated browser"
    Keep in mind that our government is retarded so use "EXPLORER" to get in, otherwise it will just tell you that they're down and to try again

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    Just a reminder for all of you guys trying the CG key with chrome or any other "updated browser"
    Keep in mind that our government is retarded so use "EXPLORER" to get in, otherwise it will just tell you that they're down and to try again
    I used the third party secured log in. Using Firefox on my Mac and it works.

Firefox works fine. Chrome was a hassle but you have to clear cache every ... G...D... time. But as knobs says, Internet EXPLORER is the way to the simple standards of the government.