Page 41 of 691 FirstFirst ... 213133343536373839404142434445464748495161 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Day 55 - applying to just the non restricted. They said they need to scan my application in (photo and whatnot), and I asked if my references can call in yet. They said no, and that after my application gets scanned in they will either approve it or forward it to the CFO and that if I don't receive my license in 2-3 weeks I should call back.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How long will I have to wait? Is there nothing I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by plugin View Post
    Day 55 - applying to just the non restricted. They said they need to scan my application in (photo and whatnot), and I asked if my references can call in yet. They said no, and that after my application gets scanned in they will either approve it or forward it to the CFO and that if I don't receive my license in 2-3 weeks I should call back.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How long will I have to wait? Is there nothing I can do?
    I don't believe they talk to references on a Non Restricted. Based on my run through this process the absolute only part you can speed up is getting your references to call instead of waiting for them to be called. So for Non Restricted I'd say you can't influence the outcome in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilidip View Post
    I don't believe they talk to references on a Non Restricted. Based on my run through this process the absolute only part you can speed up is getting your references to call instead of waiting for them to be called. So for Non Restricted I'd say you can't influence the outcome in anyway.
    They phoned me as my friends referencewhen he applied to get his non restricted. Not sure if that's rare or not but.
    --NFA MEMBER--

CGN frequent flyer
    Took my cash on Friday, showing as initial application processed in the online status, will call them in the morning to ensure they have all the needed documentation and that I filled out the application correctly, and ask when they will be ready to speak with my references.

[STRIKE]R/PAL combo. It's been 77 days since the "received on" date (dec. 2)

None of my references have been contacted. I've called in twice now to check on it and if there was any missing info, etc., but they just tell me they're backed up.

Is it the RPAL at the same time that is making it take so long?[/STRIKE]

Nevermind, issued today.
    Last edited by Rusty_; 02-18-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Recap: My application for PAL/RPAL was received at Miramichi on August 1. I had my interview February 4 and I'm approved as of today - what can I say, they were waiting to wish me a happy Chinese New Year! 202 days from start to finish.

On a more serious note, I did find that using humour in my calls (hey, just calling to see if you have an early Christmas present for me?) got me much further than the days I called in sounding a bit exasperated. Aside from one individual who really didn't want to hear my voice, every person that I dealt with was friendly and polite and seemed to help as they could. 3 times agents did offer (the one time I asked for this, I was told no) to send my case officer a note regarding my app, and the final time this happened I received the call within an hour of that note being posted. They're all people doing a job, and I expect a largely thankless one at that given the backlog.

Good luck all, remember to keep it human.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewtini View Post
    Recap: My application for PAL/RPAL was received at Miramichi on August 1. I had my interview February 4 and I'm approved as of today - what can I say, they were waiting to wish me a happy Chinese New Year! 202 days from start to finish.

On a more serious note, I did find that using humour in my calls (hey, just calling to see if you have an early Christmas present for me?) got me much further than the days I called in sounding a bit exasperated. Aside from one individual who really didn't want to hear my voice, every person that I dealt with was friendly and polite and seemed to help as they could. 3 times agents did offer (the one time I asked for this, I was told no) to send my case officer a note regarding my app, and the final time this happened I received the call within an hour of that note being posted. They're all people doing a job, and I expect a largely thankless one at that given the backlog.

Good luck all, remember to keep it human.
    God if I have to wait this long that's really going to suck.

Was there any issues with your application(not good enough pic, issue with payment, missed questions on application etc) or was it just that long of a backlog?

I'm sitting at about day 220 for an rpal renewal....not so much as an address change or anything else for them to "look into".

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cdn shooter View Post
    I'm sitting at about day 220 for an rpal renewal....not so much as an address change or anything else for them to "look into".
    Alright, note to self when I renew doing it a full YEAR early.

That's just insane that the wait time for a simple renewal is 3/4 of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    God if I have to wait this long that's really going to suck.

Was there any issues with your application(not good enough pic, issue with payment, missed questions on application etc) or was it just that long of a backlog?
    No mistakes or corrections here either, but on my first call to the CFO in October I was told that officers were only up to processing applications from May.