Page 59 of 690 FirstFirst ... 394951525354555657585960616263646566676979 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Hopefully mine will be coming in the mail today, I sent in my first time pal/rpal application in the first week of July, it was received July 20th and finally issued last week. If it comes today it will be 92 days since it was received. Strange thing is my brother applied at the same time as me (actually used the same envelope), we used the same reference who was called for both applications within 10 minutes of each other, but he actually relieved his pal in the mail at the 45 day mark. weird stuff.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    My PAL/RPAL was issued exactly 28 days after it was received in Miramichi. It appeared as Processing on the website 12 days after they received the application.
    At that point I had one of my References call in to them with the application number and he did the interview then.
    Now I will see how Canada Post does from there to BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    My PAL/RPAL was issued exactly 28 days after it was received in Miramichi. It appeared as Processing on the website 12 days after they received the application.
    At that point I had one of my References call in to them with the application number and he did the interview then.
    Now I will see how Canada Post does from there to BC.
    thats very fast! I guess it really depends on the luck of the applicant for the processing time.

Any newbies from Ontario who have submitted a complete application to the RCMP, had their references call in, waited the 28 days, and still currently awaiting approval?

I have a friend in that position. She called and was told there is nothing outstanding with her application, but there's a country wide issue with approvals right now.

CGN Regular
    Following the advice here, I sent my RPAL application registered mail. Arrived at Miramichi on 14 Oct. CC processed 25 Oct.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pummumu View Post
    thats very fast! I guess it really depends on the luck of the applicant for the processing time.
    Now that's the way it is supposed to work - Issued and mailed on the 28th day, got mine in the mail NB to BC 7 days (5 Business days) after they mailed it.
    So for me 35 days from the time they received my application to the time I had the card in my hand.

Very pleased

FWIW a good friend in same town had his in 72 days, so it seems to be a crap shoot. I wonder if in my case once I saw the file was processing on the website I had my reference call them....
    Both of us first time RPAL although I did have an original FAC (from 1978ish when they first were required) that I let expire many many years ago.
    Last edited by Paul_T; 10-29-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Now that's the way it is supposed to work - Issued and mailed on the 28th day, got mine in the mail NB to BC 7 days (5 Business days) after they mailed it.
    So for me 35 days from the time they received my application to the time I had the card in my hand.

Very pleased

FWIW a good friend in same town had his in 72 days, so it seems to be a crap shoot. I wonder if in my case once I saw the file was processing on the website I had my reference call them....
    Both of us first time RPAL although I did have an original FAC (from 1978ish when they first were required) that I let expire many many years ago.
    Dang, still waiting for mine. Been over 3 months I think now. Only thing they tell me when I call is that "you've been calling often". Ya I've been calling often because they took my $80 and left me hanging! This is BS. Lmao

renew online after 70 days , i received mine the day my license has expired
    Thomas Jefferson : "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Quote Originally Posted by Kinthelt View Post
    Figured it out. They received the application but wouldn't enter it into the system until the cheque cleared. Once it did, the application got back-dated to when it was received.
    So, my application was marked as received on Oct 3, and is now....
    Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)
    Total of 36 days.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinthelt View Post
    So, my application was marked as received on Oct 3, and is now....

Total of 36 days.
    Lucky, I keep asking my friends to call but they keep saying tomorrow >,<.