Page 50 of 689 FirstFirst ... 304042434445464748495051525354555657586070 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Application Received on: 2015/06/22

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
    I thought I was waiting a long time, but I guess it's not too bad. Wife got hers right away.... mine has been an additional month.
    Called them (again) today and even though the Federal CFO says it's been transferred to BC CFO they are saying it'll be 2 months. They also said that Alberta is a 3 month wait.

Going on 95 days from receipt.
    148 days and counting. There is no clear proof that they are actually doing anything with regards to the application.
    After 6 months and 21 days (204 days) it finally says "issued"

Two days prior when I called in I got a woman on the phone that actually seemed empathetic and stated that I had waited a long time. She sent off an email and instead of telling me to call back next year or not at all like the rest she suggested that I call back in a few days. I checked the status online and it was issued after a couple days of our talk.

I called in probably 10 times during this entire process.

Received on Jan 15
    Showed up online Feb 1st
    Called Feb 15 and they called 1 refrence 10 minutes later.
    2nd reference called in feb 16th. They did not need to talk to her.
    March 1st sent to CFO in BC for final review
    Waiting...
    RPAL

PAL website?

Hi I see reference to a website to check on your application, my instructor never mentioned this so please let me know what the address is so I can check. I just sent my application in last week but would atleast like to know if they have the paper work and I am in no rush so can wait from there Thanks laker09

Timeline
    March 9 -16 mailed application
    Last edited by laker09; 03-13-2016 at 03:54 PM. Reason: update

Last edited by laker09; 03-13-2016 at 03:50 PM. Reason: was replying to a post not new post sorry

just punch "rcmp pal status" into the ol' Googlematron.

CGN Regular
    Read this thread http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...Approval-Times, it's the very first sticky in here and has all the info you need (including the links).

Im at day 33, i know mine will be one that takes forever due to some altercations with the law, i have read that it can take in excess of 120 days to run a CPIC on some people so i figure it will take forever for me to get mine, Just sent for PAL not RPAL as im in no rush and i wasn't going to pay the extra if i was denied a PAL.
    Last edited by scudman; 03-14-2016 at 01:29 PM.

I have to say I have read many, many of these posts over the last year and with held posting myself. I can no longer keep quiet. I am currently sitting at 269 days for a (new application) RPAL. I have called the CFO's office approximately 8 times since this process has started. I have contacted my MP ... who didn't even give a &$(# to even reply to me. I contacted the Omdurman who ISN'T able to help as the RCMP falls out of their jurisdiction. The last time I called the CFO's office I even offered to drive almost 4 hours to Edmonton to come and see them to work this thing out ... I got the feeling from the lady that it would just waste an entire day of my time and quite a bit of money. At this point I am pretty frustrated as I will most likely miss the black badge training again this summer.

So instead of just ranting on about how bad it is and reading about others saying the same thing I am wondering what if there is anything Canadians civilians can do to improve the processes within the RCMP and CFO's office? Really the people who wish to be responsible firearms owners and pay their taxes are the customers here and we should be able to demand satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by hvn View Post
    I have to say I have read many, many of these posts over the last year and with held posting myself. I can no longer keep quiet. I am currently sitting at 269 days for a (new application) RPAL. I have called the CFO's office approximately 8 times since this process has started. I have contacted my MP ... who didn't even give a &$(# to even reply to me. I contacted the Omdurman who ISN'T able to help as the RCMP falls out of their jurisdiction. The last time I called the CFO's office I even offered to drive almost 4 hours to Edmonton to come and see them to work this thing out ... I got the feeling from the lady that it would just waste an entire day of my time and quite a bit of money. At this point I am pretty frustrated as I will most likely miss the black badge training again this summer.

So instead of just ranting on about how bad it is and reading about others saying the same thing I am wondering what if there is anything Canadians civilians can do to improve the processes within the RCMP and CFO's office? Really the people who wish to be responsible firearms owners and pay their taxes are the customers here and we should be able to demand satisfaction.
    I've hardly even held a gun in my life and my total time from first course night to RPAL in hand (in Sherwood Park (Edmonton)) was less than 6 weeks. Not sure what is going on with yours. Have you checked the status online, or called the 1-800 number? Neither of those is the CFO btw.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Treme View Post
    I've hardly even held a gun in my life and my total time from first course night to RPAL in hand (in Sherwood Park (Edmonton)) was less than 6 weeks. Not sure what is going on with yours. Have you checked the status online, or called the 1-800 number? Neither of those is the CFO btw.
    called the 1-800 number many many times, and they are actually nice enough to transfer me to the CFO's office. Online status hasn't changed in nearly 7 months. Been told the application is complete (as in there is no missing information) and the are "busy". What I was hoping for from my rant (other than a little release) was direction from more experienced users on how to get involved in attempting to make the process better if there is even a way.