Page 39 of 691 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

The way applications keep getting processed only when people call in is usually a sign of habitual short staffing. I've seen this several times across completely different industries. So short staffed that you only deal with the people who call and ask or who yell the loudest. Now the CFO delays are another story. No idea on that one.

So far my timeline pales in comparison to others.

1) Wednesday, October 29, 2014 @ 17:30 (CST) - Mailed papers via Canada Post XpressPost from Regina, Saskatchewan.
    2) Papers delivered/signed for in Miramichi on Monday, November 3, 2014 @ 14:18 (EST)
    3) Called November 21, 2014. CSR stated they are 4 weeks behind processing mail.
    - Yet to show up online.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FPoe View Post
    The way applications keep getting processed only when people call in is usually a sign of habitual short staffing. I've seen this several times across completely different industries. So short staffed that you only deal with the people who call and ask or who yell the loudest. Now the CFO delays are another story. No idea on that one.

So far my timeline pales in comparison to others.

1) Wednesday, October 29, 2014 @ 17:30 (CST) - Mailed papers via Canada Post XpressPost from Regina, Saskatchewan.
    2) Papers delivered/signed for in Miramichi on Monday, November 3, 2014 @ 14:18 (EST)
    3) Called November 21, 2014. CSR stated they are 4 weeks behind processing mail.
    - Yet to show up online.
    You're still in the mandatory 28 waiting period. Should how up on Dec 1 or Dec 2

Quote Originally Posted by whiteoutjeeper View Post
    You're still in the mandatory 28 waiting period. Should how up on Dec 1 or Dec 2
    Ah thanks for the info. My friends told me to call as it should have shown up online well within the 28 day period. I'm not concerned really. The SLA listed is 45 days anyhow.

Mine has been 55 days. My application has completed initial processing. References haven't been called, credit card charged nov 6.

CGN Regular
    9 months give or take a week. Answered yes to a question so was buried in a pile.....
    phoned every two weeks some nice people answered some rude people answered.

Took a bit but finally got it moving once it hit cfo 3 weeks to pal showing up in mail.

finally i saw this:

"Licence Application Status Results
    Application Number: 10 - xxxxxxxxxx - 05

Application Received on: 2014/08/18

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)"

Just gonna poke my head in here and ask about the course results. I took the course on December 12/13/14th, still haven't received any paper work yet in the mail. I have already mailed out my application without the certificate to get the 28 day waiting period out of the way. How long did it take you guys to get your certificate/course results in the mail?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gptt916 View Post
    Just gonna poke my head in here and ask about the course results. I took the course on December 12/13/14th, still haven't received any paper work yet in the mail. I have already mailed out my application without the certificate to get the 28 day waiting period out of the way. How long did it take you guys to get your certificate/course results in the mail?
    I did mine just over a year ago and the results took about a month to arrive (I had taken the course with Wellesley consulting in the GTA) and then from the date it was entered into the system it was 41 days until I received the card in the mail

Thanks for the info, I dug around a bit, most people update with the time that it took for the license to be issued, but not how long the certificate took to arrive.

I guess I will have to be a little more patient since I did mine right before the holiday period... D:

Get your references to call guys once it shows your application has completed initial processing. They are so backed up they wont call your references for ages. I can't stress this enough! I finally called them after waiting 60 days, grrrrr, anyways she told me to get 1 of my references to call. So I did. They next day my license was approved. It came in the mail today. I am positive if my reference did not call in I would still be waiting for who knows how long. It only took 1 reference. So get it done!
    Oh yeah, your reference will have to quote your application # which will be on the application status website. gl
    " Me......I always tell the truth, even when I lie". Tony Montana

Where's my illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator