Page 36 of 689 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Licence Application Status Results

"Application Number: XXXX

Application Received on: 2014/07/07

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date. "

Hey guys, new to the site. Just been reading this thread as I am stuck with the above. Only thing I have to add that may be new info (or not considering there are over 350 unique posts on the matter) is that I called the office last week as the website wasnt working. I spoke to the rep and they confirmed the above info, that I was in progress. I have not received a call regarding any sort of interview, however, she provided me my app. number and said my reference could call in anytime to help speed things up. Great I thought...had one of my ref's call in right away with the ext they provided. He was told they couldnt deal with him at that time and they would call him back later....which is contrary to what I was just told on the phone 30 mins before he called! I asked that he call in again the next day...(hes not up to much right now being a teacher and all...burn) and again they told him he was wasting his time and they would call him later...anyways that said I am on day 60+ at this point and just thougght Id share. App sent in from Vancouver, BC.

BANNED
    Mine was received 2014/07/14 got the same answer without the "you can tell your refs to call in", just the "sit back and relax" in kinder words.
    Nothing much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Mailed my application out from BC on AUG 11 and till right now, nothing is on the website.
    UPDATE: mine shows up and says it's received on AUG-18, see if there's any news today. Good luck to myself and bros in the same boats.

Buddy who wrote the same course as me same day, sent his app in two weeks after me. He texts me today and says they called his reference...still no word or change on mine and they def have not contacted my ref...ughhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Mancinator50 View Post
    Licence Application Status Results

"Application Number: XXXX

Application Received on: 2014/07/07

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date. "

Hey guys, new to the site. Just been reading this thread as I am stuck with the above. Only thing I have to add that may be new info (or not considering there are over 350 unique posts on the matter) is that I called the office last week as the website wasnt working. I spoke to the rep and they confirmed the above info, that I was in progress. I have not received a call regarding any sort of interview, however, she provided me my app. number and said my reference could call in anytime to help speed things up. Great I thought...had one of my ref's call in right away with the ext they provided. He was told they couldnt deal with him at that time and they would call him back later....which is contrary to what I was just told on the phone 30 mins before he called! I asked that he call in again the next day...(hes not up to much right now being a teacher and all...burn) and again they told him he was wasting his time and they would call him later...anyways that said I am on day 60+ at this point and just thougght Id share. App sent in from Vancouver, BC.
    I had my application received on the 15th of Aug. it finally showed up on the site last week. so I called in to "check the status" told me my ref can call in to speed up the process. ref called in right after my call did the interview about 5 minutes. kept checking for about a week. no change on the website so I called back today telling them my references called already and they just approved me over the phone. checked online and my application has been issued. will receive card in the mail.

Greetings, first post here.

My application was received August 1, I called in 3 weeks later and was given my application number and told that my reference could call in. The lady was kind enough to supply the phone number and extension, and presto a week later it was shuffled off to the B.C. CFO... where it has languished. I finally got through to the Surrey office today and was told that I'm looking at an additional 3-4 months(?!) wait time as they're still processing applications from May. But as my file was currently unassigned, the lady I spoke with did offer to assign an officer to it which might (her words) speed things up.

So far I've had positive experiences with the people I've dealt with, everyone has been helpful, but holy smokes I'm looking at 5-6 months at least.

I think I'll take up bow hunting in the interim and make boom noises to myself. (No disrespect to bow hunters implied, I was really looking forward to going bush with a new rifle.)

CGN Regular
    ^Drewtini are you getting the run around? My reference called in yesterday and my application was approved today!

My application was received on August 5th, still nothing as of yesterday (application has been processed) so I called the firearms office. They gave me my application number and said one my references had to call in. Got my brother to call in yesterday afternoon, I looked up my application status today and presto! "Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" That was fast!!! Too bad I'm going away for vacation for 2 weeks

edit: I'm also from Vancouver, BC

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancinator50 View Post
    Buddy who wrote the same course as me same day, sent his app in two weeks after me. He texts me today and says they called his reference...still no word or change on mine and they def have not contacted my ref...ughhhh
    Call the firearms office. They will give you your application number and your reference can call them directly

edit: saw your earlier post and that they denied your reference's call...

Quote Originally Posted by jermyzy View Post
    ^Drewtini are you getting the run around? My reference called in yesterday and my application was approved today!

My application was received on August 5th, still nothing as of yesterday (application has been processed) so I called the firearms office. They gave me my application number and said one my references had to call in. Got my brother to call in yesterday afternoon, I looked up my application status today and presto! "Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)" That was fast!!! Too bad I'm going away for vacation for 2 weeks

edit: I'm also from Vancouver, BC
    The run-around is entirely possible, but so far I've dealt with very friendly and helpful staff as opposed to itinerant bureaucrats which leaves me thinking that I have poor paperwork karma. Who knows? I'll keep calling and with any luck some cheerful persistence will pay off because my wife has her heart set on a 10/22 and I was hoping to have it for her birthday in a few weeks' time.

I am in alberta, They have had my application since march... still waiting.

I have tried calling a few times and every time I got a little bit more information out of them. On my last call in I got the fact that there was an "event" on my history... I can't for the life of me think what this might be. The only thing I can think of is in 2009 I was the victim of an assault that went to court.

Is there any way I can find out what the information is that is holding my application back? I was thinking 6 months early for hunting season would be more than enough time to submit an application, I have already missed elk season now. I can't even go bow hunting because of the grizzly in the area that I am in, I want to carry a guide gun with me but can't do that.

This system is very broken if you ask me. I am not even going for my RPAL just my PAL.