AIA M10 No. 4 Mk. IV Modern SMLE Rifle

stevey3737

Regular
Super GunNutz
Hello John:
I am dropping a note here to tell you I recieved my new rifle today and it arrived safe and WOOHOO is it a beauty.
It is as the title states an AIA M10 No. 4 Mk. IV Modern SMLE Rifle and it sure is beautiful so to you sir many thanks, and to everyone who doesn't have one of the rifles :p cuz your missing out

Steve

I got mine last week and is it oh so pretty! I am hoping to take it to the range today (fingers crossed the weather is nice) and see how it shoots. If it shoots half as good as it looks I will be pleased. I'll come back on here later and let you know how it is when I come back from the range.

My camera phone is kinda crappy but the wood and the finish on these are beautiful to say the least! i am not sure i can capture it you just have to have one but here are a few
IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Here is a couple of mine in action. Shoots really well with irons up to 50m but suffice to say it would be more accurate with the scope attached.
DNCyv,w2KCI

DNCyv,w2KCI

Okay so I guess imgur doesn't work as a good host site for pics so if you want to see them you'll have to right click the jpeg icon and open in a new tab

Last edited:
Length of Pull

I have two of the AIA rifles - the 7.62 X39 version and the M10 Sport with the Monte Carlo stock. As people have said already, the fit and finish are very nice, but I find the length of pull (distance from trigger to buttplate) to be rather long. The 7.62 X 39 rifle is almost 13" and the Sport is 14". How long is it on the full-wood version?
I find 14" to be excessive, but am reluctant to have it cut down!

Quoted from Marstar's website:

"Australian International Arms M10 rifle in 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Win) with full- length military type teak stock, hinged barrel bands, 640mm std. profile chrome-lined free-floating barrel, etc. Includes sight tool and ten round magazine"

Doesn't sound like it.

Two Mags

There was a huge run on .308 AIA mags a while ago.They are so similar to M14 mags that they work in M14s and the Chinese copies and are legal to use.

I've been trying to find some for a while now, any info on where to look? From what I can see they're rarer than hen's teeth

Back
Top Bottom