Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ in 9 mm with non-threaded barrel

BANNED

Walther PPQ in 9 mm with non-threaded barrel

Hi North Sylva,

Please, is there any dealer selling Walther PPQ in 9 mm with non-threaded barrel (something like the P99 AS has, just protruding out of the slide to be Canada legal)?

If there isn't yet any PPQ in this configuration, then do you plan to import it? When?

Thanks

Me 2 Please!
    Rural residents MATTER!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    In order for the PPQ barrel to be legal in Canada, it has to be the Navy with the threaded barrel.
    There is no other option from Walther.

However, you can put the P99 barrel in if you can find one. Or you can wait for the PPQ
    .40 S&W to arrive. No threaded barrel and Canadian legal.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

CGN Regular
    it's funny but my registration certificate says barrel length 106 mm ! wtf ? I've asked on this forum if I could have the barrel shortened to the legal limit by a gun smith, but nobody could give me the answer.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    There is no other option from Walther.

However, you can put the P99 barrel in if you can find one.
    So, these are questions where we need North Sylva to answer:

1. At this stage, is there any Canadian legal 9 mm PPQ with no threaded barrel? If not, then will Walther make it and North Sylva import it?

2. Does North Sylva import 106 mm P 99 barrels in 9 mm that could be installed in a Navy PPQ?

I have addressed questions on this topic via PM as well to North Sylva and got no answers on the 9 mm PPQs. I don't understand North Sylva's behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by vickers vanguard View Post
    it's funny but my registration certificate says barrel length 106 mm ! wtf ? I've asked on this forum if I could have the barrel shortened to the legal limit by a gun smith, but nobody could give me the answer.
    This thread has your answer.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539943&highlight=barrel+shortenin g
    Stupidity is its own punishment.
    “The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,”
    ~Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Call wolverine and ask for P99 barrel

CGN Regular
    thanks for the link R005t3R, I called CFRAM and they told me to call back on Monday to talk to the gunsmith himself. But they did confirm that they do shorten pistol barrel and reregister the gun afterwards. I'll wait until monday to find out, and i'll keep you posted.

Dsiwy, I emailed Wolverine asking if Theu could order a P99 barrel and I was told negative !

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CristianM View Post
    I have addressed questions on this topic via PM as well to North Sylva and got no answers on the 9 mm PPQs. I don't understand North Sylva's behaviour.
    I don't understand it either, it's like we don't give a F*&^K !. We have the monopoly, take it as is or leave it. Wonder why people don't often buy Walther .....despite being excellent products

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vickers vanguard View Post
    I don't understand it either, it's like we don't give a F*&^K !. We have the monopoly, take it as is or leave it. Wonder why people don't often buy Walther .....despite being excellent products
    Not sure i understand the Rant here. You were well aware that the PPQ came with the Threaded barrel. If you didn't want the threaded barrel, you might've considered asking these questions before you decided to purchase the Walther.

So, now you find out that it's near impossible to get one with a shorter barrel, and in all likelihood Walther won't be making one for our Canadian market with the 500 owners of the PPQ in this Country. I couldn't live with the barrel, so i opted not to buy it. And making a change to the barrel would be cost prohibitive.

However, why can't someone import a factory Walther P99 barrel in for you? Just because Wolverine doesn't want to, i'm sure there is another forum sponsor willing to do it.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast