Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is this really how you (and your retailers) treat customers?

CGN Regular
    Most consumer protection laws require the seller, not the manufacturer, to be responsible for warranty. The presumption is that when the goods are sold, they are to be fit for a particular purpose. That being said, manufacturers offer warranties to support the seller.

I'd start with your local consumer protection office. I don't think the problem here is with the manufacturer. It's not unreasonable for them to require you to pay shipping to and from their facility, however 98% of businesses would take care of that for you for a new item. That being said, he bought a Norinco. You get what you pay for. You can't expect the same reliability from a cheap Chinese imitation than from a much more expensive authentic american product.

I used to own a couple of Norinco handguns years ago and I got rid of them. They are inexpensive and cheap. I have never seen a good one as far as pistols go. Some of the rifles are very good especially the M305 (M14 clone). For a hand gun, save your money, buy a popular brand, even if it's used. The AR-15 clone is a hit and miss. You either get a good one or a boat anchor. IMHO. Good luck and keep shooting.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Lesson learned, will make you a better consumer in the future.

The questions you should be asking YOURSELF is:
    Why didn't you advise your friend to verify the return/repair policy?
    Verify any known problems are corrected or will be corrected to your satisfaction before paying. Have it in writting or shop elsewhere.

Good of you to get your friend into shooting. You are ranting cause this make you look stupid to recommend a risky product. You will know better next time.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Buying cheap stuff doesnt pay on the long run... JP.

fwiw, I shot some bad Winchester ammo, originally sold by you know who, and the cases split. After going back and forth with Winchester, it was Winchester who sent me a shipping label and had me send in not only the ammo but the rifle at their expense. This should give you a comparison, on which to gauge the service you are getting. this all happened within the past two weeks.

Let me stroke you, ill make you feel better.

Reality is, as if you have not noticed, shipping to the warranty is on you. Don't like this world? Find a stargate and find another one. Maybe I will come too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep546 View Post
    I recently got my friend into shooting sports. He went into Better buy sports Dartmouth and purchased a 10.5" Norinco AR15.

Before he picked it up I told him the first batch had shipped with the wrong buffer spring and they had issues cycling but that they should have all been rectified by now.

He gets his rifle, takes it to the range. Won't cycle properly at all. I told him it is just the spring and should be an easy fix. He takes it into Better Buy sports and they tell him they can't do anything to help him, not their fault and to call the supplier which is North Sylva Co.

He phones and you guys tell him sure his rifle is under warranty but he has to pay shipping from Halifax to to you guys and back which is purely ridiculous considering you shipping out a faulty product from the start.
    Glock 19 | Ruger Gunsite | Benelli Supernova

CGN Regular
    Send me a PM, I have a spring and carbine buffer that may help you. I'll give them to your friend, don't need anything for them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Boy, we sure have been brainwashed to accept poor service eh? Bring the gun back to the store, do not accept their excuses. They sold it to you, it is up to them to handle the problems. If they don't, let everyone know not to shop there.

BANNED
    North Sylva was the worst warranty experience I have ever dealt with in any type of product in my life!

If I ever had issues with any of their products again I wouldn't even bother.

talk to the store, try to get them to exchange it, if not buy the spring yourself and install. I can understand the frustration of getting a new toy and it not working like it should. 2nd, Norinco products are not that bad, if your intentions are for plinking around then norinco is a fine product. i have one of their NP17 models, got it for $199, and i love it... its cheap, reliable and robust. Would i use it for a competitive shoot, hell no, but i also have no interest in competitive shooting either. Dropping $1000+ on a 9mm handgun i'd use for shooting pop cans and paper targets does not make sense to me.