Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is this really how you (and your retailers) treat customers?

Didn't expect so many replies so fast, let me make a few points here.

I urged him not to buy Norinco, he is just getting into the sport and isn't going to drop top cash on an expensive AR.

Yes he should have review the stores return policy however I have never seen a local gun shop treat a customer with such blatant disregard.

The Warranty is not offered by the store, it is a 1 year warranty offered by the distributor.

Yes I am aware that with warranty issues owner always pays shipping however this was a KNOWN DEFECT that should have been rectified before these even went to the shops. It is not a case of a firearm breaking down it is a case of NS co. not doing their job to make sure these springs were swapped into the firearms going out to their wholesalers.

Also, NS said they can't say for certain it is a spring issue and they require the entire firearm to warranty work on it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep546 View Post
    Didn't expect so many replies so fast,
    Ya just don't expect a reply from NS to this thread any time soon
    :D
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

I have owned the same carbine for a year and it's seen close to 1000 rounds with zero issues. Mine came from SFRC. I also agree that customer service as a whole in most industries has gone the way of the dodo. Too bad Canadian Tire doesnt sell guns where I live.............
    Last edited by crankj11; 08-18-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Damn keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by crankj11 View Post
    I have owned the same carbine for a year and it's seen close to 1000 rounds with zero issues. Mine came from SFRC. I also agree that customer service as a whole in most industries has gone the way of the dodo. Too bad Canadian Tire doesnt sell guns where I live.............
    From my understanding when these first started coming into Canada a lot of people had issues, then the major online retailers (wolverine, SFRC etc.) started replacing all the buffer springs in them before they even left the shop, and then the new batches came with the right springs.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrious View Post
    talk to the store, try to get them to exchange it, if not buy the spring yourself and install. I can understand the frustration of getting a new toy and it not working like it should. 2nd, Norinco products are not that bad, if your intentions are for plinking around then norinco is a fine product. i have one of their NP17 models, got it for $199, and i love it... its cheap, reliable and robust. Would i use it for a competitive shoot, hell no, but i also have no interest in competitive shooting either. Dropping $1000+ on a 9mm handgun i'd use for shooting pop cans and paper targets does not make sense to me.
    If your intentions are for plinking around if not .........you must be joking.
    Between you and the guy with the stargate....
    Take it back as it not working. The end.
    Audi, vide, tace, si tu vis vivere in pace.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    This is a dealer issue, if the firearm was bad from the first, they should step up and rectify the problem. I'm assuming the issue is a failure to eject, which was the known problem with some of these rifles and requires a simple bolt rebuild with a better insert and springs (about $8 in parts). You've certainly brought out all of the internet experts who would never own a Norinco, and have seen them explode, jam, and turn into death rays that kill their owners. Next up we'll have the chuckle head who says they're selling us guns so they can build aircraft carriers to invade the US. I don't know why the dealer in this case doesn't just do the bolt rebuild and send your friend on his way.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep546 View Post
    From my understanding when these first started coming into Canada a lot of people had issues, then the major online retailers (wolverine, SFRC etc.) started replacing all the buffer springs in them before they even left the shop, and then the new batches came with the right springs.
    Your understanding is not correct - there were no issues with the first generation of CQ carbines (14.5") There is an issue with failure to eject on some of the early 10.5 inch guns, it is not an operating spring issue, it's an extractor and ejector spring issue that pertains to the first batch of 10.5" guns only. There are to my knowledge (and I've been paying attention, as I used to own one of the first 14.5" guns in the country - even took it apart and posted pics of it on ARF) No issues with any generation of the 14.5" guns (other than appearance). 10.5" AR's are known for being picky about how they are set up.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

CGN Regular

Get on your side

Call the "TV troubleshooter" for Global, CTV, etc in HRM. A little bad press like that and best buy may change their tune. They probably don't have anyone competent enough to swap springs and are too relictant to deal with you and a receipt from somewhere else that could fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    Your understanding is not correct - there were no issues with the first generation of CQ carbines (14.5") There is an issue with failure to eject on some of the early 10.5 inch guns, it is not an operating spring issue, it's an extractor and ejector spring issue that pertains to the first batch of 10.5" guns only. There are to my knowledge (and I've been paying attention, as I used to own one of the first 14.5" guns in the country - even took it apart and posted pics of it on ARF) No issues with any generation of the 14.5" guns (other than appearance). 10.5" AR's are known for being picky about how they are set up.
    I'm talking about the first run of 10.5's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 00Buck's Avatar
    Did he strip the gun down and remove the tampon things before firing it?