Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is this really how you (and your retailers) treat customers?

If I walk into a walmart and buy a coffee-maker and when I get home and plug it in it does not make me a cup of coffee as advertised I will bring it back and they will give me my money back. Guess what - the coffee-maker was probably made in china like everything else (ie. Norinco). The exact same principle applies here- a buyer must be able to expect that things will work as advertised.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

[tinfoil on]
    It's a conspiracy, I tellz ya!!
    The Chicoms want to flood the north American continent with cheap, crappy firearms so when the day comes that they invade we can't fight back!!

[/tinfoil off]
    R.I.P.
    Long Gun Registry
    December 1st, 1998 - April 5, 2012

Never Again

Quote Originally Posted by superN35 View Post
    I just find it odd that anyone would continue to purchase something knowing full well that there was something wrong with it right from the start or the possibility of something wrong, and then complaining about it after the fact... Am I missing something....Shouldn't that be the buyers fault for buying it knowing what they could possibly get into....
    Buying this rifle is no different than buying a blender at Walmart. Sure, everyone knows it might not work, BUT, Walmart will take it back or replace it. They don't leave you standing there with an expensive paper weight. Better service should have been given by the vendor in this case IMO.

I'm too fat and lazy to read thru all this crap, did you try other ammo? Give it a good cleaning and lube? Inspect for damaged or incorrectly installed parts? Replace the part that sounds to be the problem?
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Expired Business
    KINGDARB;
    "That shipping issue is pretty standard with most products as far as warranty issues go."

I beg to differ, as anyone who has dealt with with us will tell you, we warranty ALL the Nrinco products we distribute.... In a case like this we pay the shipping both ways, always have.....
    So it is NOT standard as you say....
    John

Quote Originally Posted by fyrious View Post
    talk to the store, try to get them to exchange it, if not buy the spring yourself and install. I can understand the frustration of getting a new toy and it not working like it should. 2nd, Norinco products are not that bad, if your intentions are for plinking around then norinco is a fine product. i have one of their NP17 models, got it for $199, and i love it... its cheap, reliable and robust. Would i use it for a competitive shoot, hell no, but i also have no interest in competitive shooting either. Dropping $1000+ on a 9mm handgun i'd use for shooting pop cans and paper targets does not make sense to me.

love my norc

I think settling for poor customer service is what lets them get away with treating you like #### the minute they have your money. Some time ago I bought a scope from a dealer on this site and the sun shade that came with it was completely oval. I got stuck covering my end of the shipment, and that $5 that they weren't willing to cover, backing the product they sell, has lost them all of my business. Fix the problem yourself, and never go back to that store. Go somewhere where you can buy with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Paden Full View Post
    Greetings,

Although we are not a sponsoring dealer on Gunnutz, as an employee who knows he situation I feel I must say something. Our gunsmith offered a solution that was declined by the customer. I am not getting into details and I am not going to comment on the situation beyond this. I would ask that if you are going to judge any retailer, you should know the whole story.

Respectfully,

Paden Full
    Any solution that did not involve full replacement of the spring or firearm is not a solution. The customer paid for a working firearm and did not receive that...Period. If it is something that your store is not capable of doing, then you should pay for the 2 way shipping to the distributor/warranty facility...Period. That is, of course, unless you feel that a business can stay afloat on one time customers.

Most sponsor retailers will PM the customer and try to resolve the issue...You, on the other hand, are just making the excuse of "our gunsmith offered a solution that was declined by the customer".

Good to know...Better Buy Somewhere Else Sports it is then. Say goodbye to 78 000 potential customers.
    We must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree at any time and anyone who would own a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid.

CGN Regular
    No sense in replying to the store employee. He already said he's plugging his ears and singing to avoid having to comment further.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HKMark23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvarley84 View Post
    Say goodbye to 78 000 potential customers.

Assuming, of course, that so many will summarily accept the OP's posted diagnosis, which was made before the product was even purchased, is even correct.

I'm not claiming he's wrong, I don't know, but since the Dealer being bashed here has rightfully declined the opportunity to be forced into a defensive position by a bunch of ill informed CGNers, I expect the wisest readers of this horse#### will reserve judgement knowing a Dealer's ability to post customer related information is restricted in these circumstances whereas a 3rd party to the deal suffers no such restriction. Not exactly a level playing field is it ?
    "When you have made evil the means of survival, do not expect men to remain good. Do not expect them to stay moral and lose their lives for the purpose of becoming the fodder of the immoral. Do not expect them to produce, when production is punished and looting rewarded. Do not ask, 'Who is destroying the world?' You are." - Ayn Rand