Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this really how you (and your retailers) treat customers?

Is this really how you (and your retailers) treat customers?

I recently got my friend into shooting sports. He went into Better buy sports Dartmouth and purchased a 10.5" Norinco AR15.

Before he picked it up I told him the first batch had shipped with the wrong buffer spring and they had issues cycling but that they should have all been rectified by now.

He gets his rifle, takes it to the range. Won't cycle properly at all. I told him it is just the spring and should be an easy fix. He takes it into Better Buy sports and they tell him they can't do anything to help him, not their fault and to call the supplier which is North Sylva Co.

He phones and you guys tell him sure his rifle is under warranty but he has to pay shipping from Halifax to to you guys and back which is purely ridiculous considering you shipping out a faulty product from the start.
    Last edited by Shep546; 08-18-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep546 View Post
    I recently got my friend into shooting sports. He went into Better buy sports Dartmouth and purchased a 10.5" Norinco AR15.

Before he picked it up I told him the first batch had shipped with the wrong buffer spring and they had issues cycling but that they should have all been rectified by now.

He gets his rifle, takes it to the range. Won't cycle properly at all. I told him it is just the spring and should be an easy fix. He takes it into Better Buy sports and they tell him they can't do anything to help him, not their fault and to call the supplier which is North Sylva Co.

He phones and you guys tell him sure his rifle is under warranty but he has to pay shipping from Halifax to to you guys and back which is purely ridiculous considering you shipping out a faulty product from the start.

As his friend, I might have suggested that he review Better Buy's policy before he purchased the firearm, based on the fact that these items tend to be defective.

I have never bought an item that was too expensive to throw away (lessons learned) without first reviewing their return/warranty policies in writing.

That way, you are informed going in with the risks associated with buying this particular firearm.
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

maybe you think buying known faulty gear is a good idea but I do not recommend this practice when you are purchasing fire arms or airplanes

CGN frequent flyer
    That shipping issue is pretty standard with most products as far as warranty issues go. It sucks but it is not out of the ordinary.

Its cool that you are getting your friend into shooting sports, though I would not recommend a Norinco anything to anyone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    Does Norinco even have a warranty to begin with, though?

BANNED
    Defective from the get go shouldnt go back to the distributor, it should go back to the seller. You paid for a working product, store didn't deliver.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Why would you ship the whole gun? Just get them to ship you the spring

Instead of shipping the firearm, wouldn't it be cheaper and faster to just buy and install the spring yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Defective from the get go shouldnt go back to the distributor, it should go back to the seller. You paid for a working product, store didn't deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    Why would you ship the whole gun? Just get them to ship you the spring
    Agreed^^^

If its just a spring and they won't ship it then just buy it yourself and call it a lesson learned. Not worth getting upset if it is truly just a minor problem. Probably other goodies he wants to put on it already anyways. As for shipping, it is normal to have to pay for that out of your pocket-sucks I know but it is not out of the ordinary.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast