Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marstar Guns in Movies

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    GUNS IN MOVIES;
    Perhaps there is some misunderstanding as to how we operate with the motion picture industry in general....
    The first production we were involved with was Full Metal Jacket which was filmed in the UK.
    We have over the years had our guns in numerous television and motion picture productions.
    Legends of the Fall, Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor, Death Race, Mummies 111,The X Files, The last Terminator movie, just to name a few....

However Marstar does not deal directly with the producers, rather we sell the weaponry to the rental companies who, in turn,will provide the handlers and technicians responsible for the training and and safety on set.

We deal with a company in Vancouver that covers most of the Western productions in Canada, two companies in Toronto do the same, we also supply large numbers of weapons to a company in Quebec who handles the majority of productions being shot in Montreal and other areas of the province.

We have been able to develop an excellent reputation with the industry here in Canada as well as several other countries over the years. They know Marstar can supply almost anything they may need in the way of conventional and maybe the exotic as well.... And most times on very short notice.

It is a very interesting side of our company not that well known by the public.

Thank you for your questions,

John
    Now that's the stuff I was interested in. Those are some big name films. Thanks for the info
    Army buddy: I nicknamed my rifle Bella

Me: You know Bella means both War and Beauty in Latin at the same time

Army buddy: Well that's oddly poetic

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Yogi05's Avatar
    John, one more reason to write a book of your travels, adventures (assuming you've had a few) and dealings.

Or as the hoity toity call it..... memoirs. (Higgins on Magnum PI style might suit perfectly)

(....it was 1963. We had just arrived in a small village in Bora Bora. A young village lad had agreed to bring us to a long forgotten cache of rifles..........)
    You can keep your MP3 and your MP4.....
    I want an MP5 !

Our legal system - guilty until rendered bankrupt

Thanks for the info !! this is awesome!

Expired Business
    ALEX ZUES;
    "Now that's the stuff I was interested in. "
    In fact I did not think people would be interested !!

Wait until you see the movies that are being shot as we speak, some MAJOR productions for release next year....

John

Expired Business
    KVELDULF;
    We have sold a few Patersons to companies out west, it possibly comes from us....
    John

just curiuos as how you can provide exotic stuff on short notice when certain products seem to be out of stock or circling the globe on a boat (italian m14) for over a year?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dk223 View Post
    just curiuos as how you can provide exotic stuff on short notice when certain products seem to be out of stock or circling the globe on a boat (italian m14) for over a year?
    Seriously?

fairly seriuos

serious

i should not have written that, i dont want to start drama so im sorry guys.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast