Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marstar Guns in Movies

Marstar Guns in Movies

Hey John, just wondering.
    Marstar's website says they can rent out guns to movie sights. What movies have you supplied firearms for in the past? Will there ever be a scene where I can point and say, "Hey, I know where that machine gun comes from."? Just interested.
    Thanks, Al
    Army buddy: I nicknamed my rifle Bella

Me: You know Bella means both War and Beauty in Latin at the same time

Army buddy: Well that's oddly poetic

I work security for movies, I am certain that I could find some renters for you, I never noticed that part of the site.

I work in film as an armourer and a sfx technician. Usually the guns will come from a rental company (an armourer). I've bought guns from Marstar that have been in a bunch of shows.
    "I don't know anything about Ryan, and I don't care. The name means nothing to me, it's just a name. But if going to Ramelle... and finding him so he can go home, if that earns me the right to get back to my wife...then....then, that's my mission."

Sorry to mislead anyone, I'm not looking to rent anything, just wondering what movies I may have seen that have Marstar props.
    Army buddy: I nicknamed my rifle Bella

Me: You know Bella means both War and Beauty in Latin at the same time

Army buddy: Well that's oddly poetic

You probably won't know unless the production rented straight from Marstar. Hopefully then kept track if thats the case.
    "I don't know anything about Ryan, and I don't care. The name means nothing to me, it's just a name. But if going to Ramelle... and finding him so he can go home, if that earns me the right to get back to my wife...then....then, that's my mission."

just look at the credits. they tell you where the guns come from.

Ah, I see. How did you become an armorer? What is the job description?

Expired Business
    GUNS IN MOVIES;
    Perhaps there is some misunderstanding as to how we operate with the motion picture industry in general....
    The first production we were involved with was Full Metal Jacket which was filmed in the UK.
    We have over the years had our guns in numerous television and motion picture productions.
    Legends of the Fall, Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor, Death Race, Mummies 111,The X Files, The last Terminator movie, just to name a few....

However Marstar does not deal directly with the producers, rather we sell the weaponry to the rental companies who, in turn,will provide the handlers and technicians responsible for the training and and safety on set.

We deal with a company in Vancouver that covers most of the Western productions in Canada, two companies in Toronto do the same, we also supply large numbers of weapons to a company in Quebec who handles the majority of productions being shot in Montreal and other areas of the province.

We have been able to develop an excellent reputation with the industry here in Canada as well as several other countries over the years. They know Marstar can supply almost anything they may need in the way of conventional and maybe the exotic as well.... And most times on very short notice.

It is a very interesting side of our company not that well known by the public.

Thank you for your questions,

John

Now that is cool!!!!

There is a television show about demon hunters, "Supernatural", produced in Vancouver, which features a large variety of firearms. Most prominent among them is a "very special handgun made by Samuel Colt that could kill anything" -- a Paterson revolver.

That one has to have come from you.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast