Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New M14 Stock Available Soon

That looks great. Never was interested in a '14 till I saw this.
    Nice work. I hope it goes to production soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Customs View Post
    There's a new product coming to market.

Many of you will remember my prototypes (shown below) that were completed in the spring of 2011 and publicly disclosed for the first time on the Canadian Gun Nutz forum in the first week of January of this year.

The improved production version (not shown) will be available in the near future. The purpose of this post is to let you know that it's coming.

The first production stock has been completed and has successfully undergone it's first set of testing. I anticipate posting pictures of the production varient in the near future and may have some completed products for sale as eary as next month.

I'm happy to be a sponsor here on CGN and am looking forward to working with you and bringing you many quality products in the future.

As has been stated since the first public disclosure, all designs depicted herein and their unique shapes and concepts are my own proprietary and intellectual property.

Shawn

Keep us in the loop.

Sign me up.............

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    6061-T6 Aluminum

A simple option might be to modify a buffer tube for an adjustable stock so that it has a downwards angle in the tube past where it screws in to the stock. Does anyone know if such a tube already exists and is available? I'll have to look into this idea when I have more time. Right now my focus is on production for those who want to use an optic.
    I have Tapco T6 stock for my 10/22 and it comes with a straight and an angled buffer tube for open sights/scopes, maybe check them out, see if you can work something into your design

Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    That looks great. Never was interested in a '14 till I saw this.
    Nice work. I hope it goes to production soon.
    I make each stock one at a time. Shouldn't have to wait too much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post

Shawn
    Wait for it. The production version has been cleaned up alot. I think you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorno View Post
    Keep us in the loop.
    The first production version has had about 120 rounds through it. I've spent the last little while making a few changes including using low profile socket head cap screws and adding a few washers here and there and those kinds of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1708 View Post
    Sign me up.............
    Consider yourself signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by dand883 View Post
    I have Tapco T6 stock for my 10/22 and it comes with a straight and an angled buffer tube for open sights/scopes, maybe check them out, see if you can work something into your design
    I've had a look at this. It's specific for their stock. I'm thinking about taking a pipe bender to a long length adjustable buffer tube so it can use the standard threads at the back. Obviously if you put a bend in a buffer tube it can't be used as a buffer tube anymore so I'm doubting this is commercially available.

Also, I should have mentioned this earlier. This discussion is for people who must use the stock sights that come with their rifle. The improved production version has a couple of mounting points at the back that can facilitate a few different options.

Alternatively I've considered offering a harwood buttstock, similar to an AK47, sloping downwards. Any interest in this?

Right now the focus is on getting products out the door for people who want to use an optic.

Also I want to know about colours. Is there any interest in white or coyote brown as standard colours? Right now it's black or green as standard or any colour that Armacoat makes for an additional charge.

The plan is....you send me your plastic handguard, and I paint it at the same time as your stock.

Coyote or FDE would most likely sell well and get my vote for standard color.

Shawn

The production version has been cleaned up alot. I think you'll like it.
    I don't know if I will, because I cant see it because there are no pictures yet!!

Shawn

This may be the final straw in me picking up a M305, if you have a PM list for when you're looking to start selling please add me

I would take it in black or OD- Sign me up.
    As for the stock ideas... I suppose I would need to see pics.

BTW I have picked up a M14 just for this. Keep me in the loop!