Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need help finding Crown Land in BC

I've been looking around and it looks like most places have been designated as private land now.

You can also use the CRD atlas.
    http://viewer.crdatlas.ca/public

or iMapBC
    http://maps.gov.bc.ca/ess/sv/imapbc/

From what I've seen the CRD atlas and iMapBC seem to have more detail but it gets confusing as the 3 systems all show crown land but they don't always disclose what it's designated for. For example the FrontCounter tool (the pics above provided by coops) shows crown land around the reservoir but the CRD atlas says it's BC Hydro land. Same goes for the Regional Water Supply Areas. They're generically shown as crown land but on the CRD atlas they say there's no public access allowed.

Most of the yellow private property areas in the pictures above have been zoned as Resource Lands (on the CRD Atlas). I have no idea what the RL designation means. There are a lot of areas listed as Unverified Crown Land, and once again I have no idea what the means either. I doubt the province coordinates that well with the CRD so the different maps might show different information.

iMapBC has a tonne of layers. If you go to Land Ownership and Status > Integrated Cadastral Fabric you can see the private and crown land areas. But be careful. Just because it says crown land it doesn't necessarily mean we can shoot there.

Confused? So am I.

Then how do you find out where? I have asked the RCMP and they can't help me.

Quote Originally Posted by coops1911 View Post
    this tool used in conjunction with google earth is the only thing i've found that tells you were crown land is. Last time I checked, it showed forebay road past the power lines as crown land.

http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/mapping/
    Really liking this tool. Thanks.
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

Off topic: BC is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. View Post
    Off topic: BC is beautiful
    These days, that applies only to looking at it from the highway or from inside the city. On VI, it's pretty much been sold to the rich and closed off to the public.

Ever wonder how the Liberals here are balancing the books? It's by silently selling off crown lands (AKA the future) to afford the present.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234