Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help finding Crown Land in BC

Quote Originally Posted by coops1911 View Post
    yea you need a good comp and good internet for it to work.
    I found what I need, the "Private Ownership" and "Crown Ownership" boxes, but they wont lay over the map. They flashed once, showing that most of the land around the reservoirs is not in fact crown land, but I can't get them to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by coops1911 View Post
    yea you need a good comp and good internet for it to work.
    Yeah, my laptop just can't seem to do it. Can you post a screenshot of the Jordan River/Diversion Reservoir area and maybe one of the next best crown land spot? I'm out of ideas. I can't believe it's so difficult to find out what is and is not crown land.

the purple is crown and the yellow is private, last time i looked at this area at least 6 months ago there was a lot more purple.

if there is any more areas people want me to take a look at let me know

Thanks a lot for posting those. Hmm so the far reservoir with the tower is actually crown land. The RCMP guy said they were seizing guns and licences there anyway. It looks like the big square in the first picture would be a good spot. Through the gate on the right when you would normally turn left to go up to the excavated pit. From what the RCMP said to me though, it sounds like they'd seize your guns and charge you anyway and make you fight to get them back. Are there any Crown areas between Jordan river and Mill Bay that look safe?

Yeah, I have been camping and shooting up around Bear Creek for fifteen years. It all used to be crown land for the most part but over the past year or two all that land has been sold off to private land owners. They have gated off most of the roads and used excavators to block off most of the good shooting spots. The sign that has been posted is not actually at Forebay rd. It is at North Main which is a few km up across from China Beach. The sign seems to be officially put there by the CRD, however, it seems like a nonsense sign as Jordan River is unincorporated land, which means they have no power to ban discharging firearms. Discharging of firearms is legal in all unincorporated land in Canada as far as I know.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    I usually grab a hunting synopsis and check the no hunting/shooting areas.

Ya I just got my first gun not that long ago and am looking for a decent place to go shooting preferably in the cobble hill area if anyone has some suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I usually grab a hunting synopsis and check the no hunting/shooting areas.

+1

Cross reference it to where people are recommending for added security.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast