Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help finding Crown Land in BC

Need help finding Crown Land in BC

A range that I frequent, recently banned all 7.62 that has any steal in it (core, or jacketed). Really annoying since i just got my shipment of Norinco 7.62 Lead core (steal jacketed). Apparently with it being so dry, steal ammo is a fire hazard. I'm not sure what their logic is on this since the back stop is dirt and im sure other types of ammo would create sparks too.. but I digress.

Can someone help me with finding Crown land that I can shoot on, preferably in south Vancouver island (Victoria). The northern ranges on vanisle dont seem to have this problem.

Thanks for the help.

bump

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Stave lake.

Quote Originally Posted by drift1122 View Post
    Stave lake.
    Umm, if you're talking Stave Lake, Mission BC, that might be a little far.

Sorry op, I got nothing. Maybe ask your gun store.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Oh your on Vancouver island, my bad.
    CCFR/NFA

Quote Originally Posted by Secular View Post
    Apparently with it being so dry, steal ammo is a fire hazard.
    Thanks for the help.
    I can't help either but really, if your ammo is banned because of potential fire hazard heading into Crown land during this dry spell seems reckless.

head out towards jordan river lots of crown land out there.I dont see the op making sparks and starting a fire unless he's shooting metal so its not reckless if hes just headin to crown to punch paper

I suspect the range banning the ammo for other reasons then it being a fire hazard. I also dont know of any crown land to shoot on down there.

There's crown land by Lake Cowichan about 15 mins west off the highway. I was there with some friends on the way back from a Nanaimo gun store to try out the new rifles. Unfortunately I can 't give you exact directions but I do know that much. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

i asked this very same question when i got my first rifle a couple years ago. anyhow, right before the big hill down to JR on the right hand side is a gravel road with a small sign that says four bay road. turn right onto that and then go up the road 3 or 4 minutes until the first intersection and take a left and continue to drive straight for abour 15 minutes. the road ends in a big pit that people use as a range. good place for long range stuff. when i first went out i headed way up the Jordan River North Main and went for a drive. i went quite a ways up because there are dirt bikers all over the lower area. four bay is closer and easier but on a nice fall morning a drive in the mountains is great

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast