Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SKS Troubleshooting

Spacesaver what you say makes complete sense and I thank you for this insight.

Hey big moe,
    Was revisiting this thread and wondering if you've fiddled with your SKS anymore. I'd be interested in hearing how you did and what you did to make your SKS shoot better; after all, thats how we get that "insight". When all works as it should you should go out and shoot it at known distances out to @300m to get a feel for what it'll do as well as bullet drop. Try the same with commercial hunting ammo, too. THEN, go get a crate or two of surplus ammo and have at 'er!!
    Cheers!!
    PS- post some pics, can't have too many pics of SKS's!!
    If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth-Spock

results

Quote Originally Posted by spacesaver View Post
    Hey big moe,
    Was revisiting this thread and wondering if you've fiddled with your SKS anymore. I'd be interested in hearing how you did and what you did to make your SKS shoot better; after all, thats how we get that "insight". When all works as it should you should go out and shoot it at known distances out to @300m to get a feel for what it'll do as well as bullet drop. Try the same with commercial hunting ammo, too. THEN, go get a crate or two of surplus ammo and have at 'er!!
    Cheers!!
    PS- post some pics, can't have too many pics of SKS's!!
    sorry for taking so long to reply, I put the new latch in and peaned it into place, then I took my time to file down the piece at the front that is beveled. the rifle is now latching and I have not had a chance to take it out and fire, but the latch is much tighter. Thanks to everyone that helped.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    This is not SKS troubleshooting, this is Babba troubleshooting. The SKS worked fine until you molested it.
    lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    This is not SKS troubleshooting, this is Babba troubleshooting. The SKS worked fine until you molested it.
    who cares what people do to them
    i've spent all my money on alcohol, woman and toys................the rest i just wasted

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234