Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer P226 Caliber X-Change Kits

Quote Originally Posted by rcaf1 View Post
    I wonder if the X-40 will fit a norinco 9mm 226 clone????
    The conversion kit is made to work with the SIG manufactured P226 models, while it is reasonable to assume it will fit the Norinco clone it is not guaranteed.

rcaf1 If you end up trying it on the Norinco let us know if it fits and works well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcaf1 View Post
    I wonder if the X-40 will fit a norinco 9mm 226 clone????
    I've read on the forums that it doesn't work on the Norinco.

Im thinking of picking up a .40 x-change kit for my P226 9mm extreme, Do you have any spare mags for the .40 in stock?

Would these kits work on Sig Mosquito 22LR ?

Buying a Sig Mosquito + the 9mm kit almost makes it cheaper than a straight P226R in 9mm, plus you get to shoot 22LR as well!

Sig 226

Saw a decent used P226 .22cal at the local gunshop the other day. Did some simple research and returned to ask some questions. Guy behind the counter was short with me and a bit of a jerk. Went to another shop and got a completely different answer....and attitude towards my question....

Question: Can you add a .40 or 9mm xchange kit to the existing .22?

Grumpy old guy says "no, never heard of such a thing....the machined tolerances are too far off".

Other guy says "absolutely. The 226 system uses the same lower receiver and can interchange the .22 up to the .40.....can't do the .45 on the same receiver".

Any thoughts?

Mosquito is a different frame, it's not a P226. People buy the 226 Classic 22 then buy the 9mm or 40 kit and it's supposed to be cheaper. Don't think there is much difference though.

In terms of a 22 pistol, Mosquito is mediocre and the 226 Classic 22 is excellent and it will accept the x-change kits. Your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by gracey View Post
    Saw a decent used P226 .22cal at the local gunshop the other day. Did some simple research and returned to ask some questions. Guy behind the counter was short with me and a bit of a jerk. Went to another shop and got a completely different answer....and attitude towards my question....

Grumpy old guy says "no, never heard of such a thing....the machined tolerances are too far off".

Other guy says "absolutely. The 226 system uses the same lower receiver and can interchange the .22 up to the .40.....can't do the .45 on the same receiver".

Any thoughts?
    Yes. This is what these are for. Buy a 226 and you can have 4 calibers, 9, 40, 357sig and 22.

Quote Originally Posted by gracey View Post

Any thoughts?
    The P226 .40 S&W and 9mm X-change kits are compatible with the Classic P226 .22 LR frame. (Not the Mosquito).

Second guy (not grumpy guy ) is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    Im thinking of picking up a .40 x-change kit for my P226 9mm extreme, Do you have any spare mags for the .40 in stock?
    None in stock at the moment but they are on order.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast