Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer P226 Caliber X-Change Kits

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    I find 22lr ammo is quite dirty and can gunk up a pistol fast.

The Mec-Gar 10rd 9mm mags with the baseplate are excellent aftermarket magazines. I sold my factory mags in favour of these.

Quote Originally Posted by homer76 View Post
    Why only minimags? My SIG 226 .22LR feeds bulk Winchester and Federal as long as my pistol is well lubed I can run about 300 rounds without any issues. I then do a field strip, quick 5 minute cleaning and then I'm good to go.
    In all honesty I tried bulk federal when I first got the pistol (literally 1st time at the range) and was having problems with the gun failing to feed. Got on the interweb and talked to some people down south who recommended the CCIs. Worked without fail, never looked back. Maybe I should try the bulk again?

[QUOTEThe Mec-Gar 10rd 9mm mags with the baseplate are excellent aftermarket magazines. I sold my factory mags in favour of these.[/QUOTE]
    I agree they work well. What makes you prefer them over the factory mags? I understand the price difference is considerable, but never thought of selling the factory mags for the half-plastic mec-gars.
    Last edited by mr.fatstacks; 11-10-2012 at 09:57 AM.

I hated the factory mags, as the springs were so tight that I could only get 8 rounds in them! After a few shooting sessions, I could get 9 in, then 10 after almost making my thumbs bleed (read other complaints about them). I sold them for pretty good money on the EE and picked up a bunch of the Mec-Gar 10rdrs with the appropriate spring tension. The bottom baseplate also looks better in my opinion when inserted in the pistol.

On the other note, the factory 40cal 226 mags 10/12 will fit and cycle perfectly 13 or 14 9mm rounds in your 226, legally. :D

On the other note, the factory 40cal 226 mags 10/12 will fit and cycle perfectly 13 or 14 9mm rounds in your 226, legally. :D[/QUOTE]

I love these legal loopholes, lar 10 rounders, sig 14 rounds... Are there others?

Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    I hated the factory mags, as the springs were so tight that I could only get 8 rounds in them! After a few shooting sessions, I could get 9 in, then 10 after almost making my thumbs bleed (read other complaints about them). I sold them for pretty good money on the EE and picked up a bunch of the Mec-Gar 10rdrs with the appropriate spring tension. The bottom baseplate also looks better in my opinion when inserted in the pistol.

On the other note, the factory 40cal 226 mags 10/12 will fit and cycle perfectly 13 or 14 9mm rounds in your 226, legally. :D
    Haha This is my first pistol, and just kind of assumed the springs were supposed to be that tight! Kind of thinkin I was getting weak or something. I am now able to get 10 rds in them, but it's still tough. In fact I always thought the factory mags were of better quality BECAUSE the springs were so much stiffer than the aftermarket ones. Shows what the hell I know...
    That's amusing about using the .40 mags for 9mm, will have to try that. Thanks for the info!

Those Mec-Gar's used to be the Sig factory mags until Checkmate Industries started making them... they are better in every way. Some people don't like the plastic base, but it's up to those to decide.

If Wolverine has the Mec-Gar 10rd mags with the baseplate, buy them. Good mags.

It's only the new factory 40 mags that work, read that the aftermarket ones do not...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    In all honesty I tried bulk federal when I first got the pistol (literally 1st time at the range) and was having problems with the gun failing to feed. Got on the interweb and talked to some people down south who recommended the CCIs. Worked without fail, never looked back. Maybe I should try the bulk again?
    Mine eats up the Federal bulk (525 pk) and the Winchester bulk with few fail to feed/fail to fire, but it really hates the Blazer stuff. I only run Mini-mags if I'm shooting a competition and want every round to count.

Quote Originally Posted by saskplcguy View Post
    Mine eats up the Federal bulk (525 pk) and the Winchester bulk with few fail to feed/fail to fire, but it really hates the Blazer stuff. I only run Mini-mags if I'm shooting a competition and want every round to count.
    Odd, mine LOVES the Blazer bulk boxes, and loves CCI Stingers more. Shot Dynapoints for the first time yesterday at the range... either my wrists have limped up since last time I shot or these rounds don't work for me or my Sig.
    Μολών λαβέ

Willing to trade copious amounts of international award winning barbecue for ammo and/or training...

All this talk of the 226 and poking around on wolverine's website has got me thinking (never a good thing!). I bought the Sig so could shoot .22 and 9mm, but can't recall the last time I actually shot rim fire out of it. And as much as I like the pistol I never really had an emotional attachment to it. And l I've always had a more comfortable grip on the Walther P99. AND I noticed Wolverine has PPQ spare mags now, and there are some PPQs floating around some Canadian websites. Hmmm. Thoughts and advice from my educated (on this subject anyway!) Internet friends?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast