Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer P226 Caliber X-Change Kits

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Couldn't pry my 226, 239 or 220 out of my hands... but everyone is different.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    For sure, still a struggle shooting the 220 compared to 1911s (and a SIG Scorpion so no favoritism). G17 over the 226.
    Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    Tried lots of others? As I said earlier it's my first (and only) pistol (revolver not withstanding) and am curious. One thing to fire a glock a couple of times (and hate the grip angle) or pick up the Walther in a store but ownership is a whole new game. Just bought a new shotgun, so need to sell something in order to buy anything else. Maybe just bored and will regret it later. Hard to say. Thanks for the opinions though.

Can you get a kit to Chang a p226 9mm to 45 acp .

Quote Originally Posted by hamerdwolfpussy View Post
    I don't think so. I thought .40, .357 sig, 9mm, and .22 were all of the options for the 226.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Supplies Sales View Post
    Yes, we do, we have these on order at the moment, #CONV-220-22, $315.00, plus shipping and tax.
    Are these going to be in stock anytime soon ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamerdwolfpussy View Post
    Not that I know of. The Sig 220 is a 45 and there are kits available for it however, there is a 22 kit and possibly more. I am assuming there is a 9mm kit as there are 9mm versions of the 220. I am sure Wolverine could bring them in.

Greetings. First post. I have been following this thread and wanted to ask, if it is appropriate to ask here, that if one purchases the 9mm or .40 s&w kit to install onto a P226 .22 platform, do these two slides come with adjustable sites front and rear like the .22 classic?

Side Note.
    I do not own the Sig or any handgun at the moment but I'm searching and investigating to find the right one for me. Along with the Sig P266, I've been looking at the CZ Combat 9mm and the CZ SP0-1. Could any of you experienced fellas give me your thoughts on my choices? It is hard when you don't have the ability to go and try out a piece before buying. Thanks

Exodus I own a Sig P226 classic 22 with an exchange kit in 40 S&W as well I own a CZ 75 in 9mm and a kadet 22 kit for it, of the two the CZ is to more accurate firearm for me. I did a bit of a test with both in the 22 format with the same ammo and the CZ beat the Sig for accuracy at 25 yards. If I had to own just one it would be the CZ, not that I don't like the Sig but for me the CZ is my more accurate firearm.
    The best way to know for sure is to get to a local range and see if you find someone that has one or both that will let try them and see which one you like to feel of and which one you shoot better, good luck.

Thanks Don:

Could you check out my first question and give it a go?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast