Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer P226 Caliber X-Change Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Thanks Don:

Could you check out my first question and give it a go?
    Just going off the pictures that Sig has on their storefront, it appears that the sights have the capability to be adjusted. Any pros want to confirm or deny?

It's funny because I'm in a similar situation: P226 .22lr + 9mm Xchange kit OR CZ SP-01 Shadow + .22lr Kadet kit
    Starting to lean towards the CZ just because I've had a chance to handle it and the grip feels great

Thanks Don:

Could you check out my first question and give it a go?
    Exodus sorry that I missed that part of the question the first time, the 40 S&W exchange kit that I have is basically a fixed sight slide. The sights are mounted in dovetail slots so left - right adjustment is possible but no elevation, I am sure that aftermarket sights can be purchased to give you the adjustment that you are looking for. The sights are also set up so the front sight dot is where the bullet impact is to be, so you have to cover the center of the target with it to get the bullets into the black on a 25 yard targets.

Greetings. First post. I have been following this thread and wanted to ask, if it is appropriate to ask here, that if one purchases the 9mm or .40 s&w kit to install onto a P226 .22 platform, do these two slides come with adjustable sites front and rear like the .22 classic?

Side Note.
    I do not own the Sig or any handgun at the moment but I'm searching and investigating to find the right one for me. Along with the Sig P266, I've been looking at the CZ Combat 9mm and the CZ SP0-1. Could any of you experienced fellas give me your thoughts on my choices? It is hard when you don't have the ability to go and try out a piece before buying. Thanks
    Yes, this is definitely the appropriate place to ask the adjustable sights question. I have the 9mm and can confirm mine is the same as Don's : the sights are non adjustable but replaceable. If you're close to the interior of BC I'd be happy to let you try out my 226 .22 and 9mm. I do enjoy shooting it, but as I was saying earlier I too would like to try owning some other pistols. Can't afford everything.

Hello Fatstacks:

Thank you for your response. I don't live near by but thanks for that. I was told by a US dealer that the best way to go is to buy the .22lr classic P226 and then go for either the 9mm or .40 for it is the most economical route. I saw this youtube video and noticed that the fella was not having good success with his P226 .22lr kit. I hope I don't run into this if I end up buying one. http://youtu.be/D7mbqHNqXgU

Exodus so far my 22 has worked well with no complaints. I went the 22 version and then the exchange kit to get the 40 S&W which worked out to be around the same price as a 40 S&W version.
    One thing I will suggest is get the extended magazine followers from sig power since the original magazine followers don't lock the slide open on the last round, with the sig power extended followers it will keep the slide open after the last shot but you will have to manually pull the slide back and lock it open before you remove the magazine. I wish they were like the CZ magazines and worked correctly to lock the slide back on the last round.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Expecting any 357 Sig X-Change kits for the 226 or just the 357 Sig barrel (as I believe the 40 cal mag and slide/spring are dual purpose for both calibers)?

CGN Regular
    The 357 would be a special order. Please contact sales@wolverinesupplies.com for more details.
    Regards
    Guy

do you have an more 9mm kits coming in?

Any chance there are .40 s&w kits expected in the future?
    I think I might like guns....

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Any chance there are .40 s&w kits expected in the future?
    I would like to know as well.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast