Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xcr m

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMamba View Post
    Has all the BO processing been completed? If so, do you have more information as to when the next shipment date will be?
    All this shipment has been allocated, not all of them have been shipped yet. At this point in time our next shipment which is due before the end of the year (Rob Arms always run a little late so next shipment may arrive in Jan) should clear up all back orders and leave a few in inventory.

Hi you good folks out there including the fasinating guys at wolverine,recieved my xcr-m in november 2012 but did not get a chance to take it to the range until yesterday but was disapointed due to the fact that it jammed every third round into the barrel any reason as to why,the gas setting was at max was using 150g american eagle, when the round jammed the charging handle would not pull back to free round and would have disassamble the whole thing to pullout the round from the barrel also found that the bolt on the gas tube under the barrle was loose dont know wether it was due to the jamming.Any help guys to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by wsgh View Post
    Hi you good folks out there including the fasinating guys at wolverine,recieved my xcr-m in november 2012 but did not get a chance to take it to the range until yesterday but was disapointed due to the fact that it jammed every third round into the barrel any reason as to why,the gas setting was at max was using 150g american eagle, when the round jammed the charging handle would not pull back to free round and would have disassamble the whole thing to pullout the round from the barrel also found that the bolt on the gas tube under the barrle was loose dont know wether it was due to the jamming.Any help guys to fix this. Thanks in advance.
    Probably needs the chamber polished. Mine did and has been running smooth as silk ever since.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    The ASC mags that come with it are garbage. I had similar problems with mine. Failure to feed and failure to eject. I tried a C-Products SR25 mag and it was way better. I have a couple pmags now and they are a million times better.

Also make sure you lube the heck out of the bolt during break in. And fully disassemble it and clean all the tar like grease/oil they use on assembly. The chamber and barrel where its held in by the Allen head bolt are covered in it.

Keep your gas setting at max for the first 100-200 rounds. This should help you out to having a more reliable rifle. I too have been using AE FMJ ammo and I am kind on the fence as to wether or not this kinda cheap ammo is meant for this rifle.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip did you get it polished or did it on your own if so what did you use.

If you have any operating or warranty concerns please contact us at Wolverine Supplies, we stand behind what we sell. In extreem cases a DIY fix may void the warranty. Please contact us by phone or send an e-mail to Sales@wolverinesupplies.com as a post here may be missed for a few days.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    tag for interest

Do not set the gas setting to maximum to start with, that is very bad advice. Set the gas setting to the smallest that the rifle will operate on. On the maximum setting you are simple "hammering" the rifle unnecessarly. This would be like taking a new vehicle and running the rev counter into the red all the time. When running in a new rifle (any new rifle) treat her gently, nurse her, keep her clean and well lubed. When she is run in and all the working parts are honed to a fine finish, then and not until then, you can up the anti if you have to. Keep the larger gas settings for use under adverse conditions, or when you want to have an excess of power to insure reliable operation, like a competition.

Make sure your barrel retaining bolt stays tight. Do not use red Locktite on it. Torque should be 250 inch pounds, that is very tight for the small bolt. Not 250 ft lbs that is lots for a cylinder head on a diesel engine.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 02-06-2013 at 11:27 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Do not set the gas setting to maximum to start with, that is very bad advice. Set the gas setting to the smallest that the rifle will operate on. On the maximum setting you are simple "hammering" the rifle unnecessarly. This would be like taking a new vehicle and running the rev counter into the red all the time. When running in a new rifle (any new rifle) treat her gently, nurse her, keep her clean and well lubed. When she is run in and all the working parts are honed to a fine finish, then and not until then, you can up the anti if you have to. Keep the larger gas settings for use under adverse conditions, or when you want to have an excess of power to insure reliable operation, like a competition.
    You sir are a gentleman
    Last edited by Stormchaser; 02-07-2013 at 12:01 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

Make sure your barrel retaining bolt stays tight. Do not use red Locktite on it. Torque should be 250 inch pounds, that is very tight for the small bolt. Not 250 ft lbs that is lots for a cylinder head on a diesel engine.
    You recommend a lower gas setting than the manufactures manual states? I shall try this out this weekend.

I have 60 rounds down the pipe of my XCR-M set at max gas setting as per the manual for first 100-200 rounds. Initially I had failure to feed and failure to eject problems but these seem to have been factory magazine related, fingers crossed. PMAG's seems to work way better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast