Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 16 round Shotgun SRM 1216

Quote Originally Posted by DRail View Post
    Check out FPS Russia.........he seems to make it work well. 2800 USD though......Yikes!
    My thoughts exactly. Cool toy, but the price is insane.

BANNED
    Well I am sure FPS Russia was provided with a tested and tuned version. Actual customer reports are poor.

BANNED
    Man, that's cooler than the KSG! Semi-auto, 16 shells!

I have to agree that it would be neutered to 5 rounds here, so no real advantage for me. I like the magazine capacity of my KSG, but I will end up plugging the tubes if I can get it out for Turkey this year (common choke tube adapter...)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Pretty sure someone said the RCMP have already ruled the mag would need to be neutered.

Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

BANNED
    So, let's clarify with a similar large capacity shotgun already on the market.

The KSG has 7+7+1 (as per Wolverine) or 6+6+1 (as per the Kel-Tec website). Leaving aside for now the discrepancy, does it have to be capped at 5, each of the two tubes? Only when hunting? Or for all conditions, meaning even for target shooting or bear defence?

5-round cap only applies to centrefire semi's. Pump action is basically limitless. I think this rotary semi would be ruled in a similar manner to the X-rail which I sadly learned was prohib after I emailed the RCMP.

How do you limit 4 tubes to 5 rounds and not render the gun useless? 4 in one tube and 1 in the next while plugging (permanently) the other two?. I'll patiently wait on the KSG list.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndShotCanada View Post
    5-round cap only applies to centrefire semi's. Pump action is basically limitless. I think this rotary semi would be ruled in a similar manner to the X-rail which I sadly learned was prohib after I emailed the RCMP.

How do you limit 4 tubes to 5 rounds and not render the gun useless? 4 in one tube and 1 in the next while plugging (permanently) the other two?. I'll patiently wait on the KSG list.
    1. If capping at 5 is for centrefire semi-auto rifles only and if pump shotguns have no limit, how is it for semi-auto shotguns?

2. Now, getting to the discrepancy: is the KSG 7+7+1 or 6+6+1?

3. So, for sure the KSG doesn't need to be capped? Not even when hunting with it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    The magazines have to be neutered to 5 rounds. That's the official ruling from the RCMP under the FRT. And yes, since it's 4x tubes x4 - you'd probably end up with only one functional tube.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

For the price tag, the weight of the weapon fully loaded and a operating/maintenance nightmare, I say its a friggin waste and there are far to many other shotguns I would rather have.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast