Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 16 round Shotgun SRM 1216

CGN Regular
    Interesting to see if/when they will be on the Canadian market..... I like the statement of 4x4 magazines..... i.e. legal in Canada (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by SRM_Arms View Post
    Thanks Cadgo

We are still learning the Canadian firearm rules and talking with officials there about shipping our shotguns.

California has strict gun laws too and a magazine round limit that our exceeds too, however, our magazine is counted as 4 separate magazines because you have to manually index it.

I'll keep you guys updated with this as I learn more.

Is it just me, or does this ruling make no sense?

It's like saying if you glued 2 Lar-15 magazines together, it becomes one magazine and the total capacity now exceeds the 10 round limit for handgun magazines.

It isn't appealable, but the CFC's opinion isn't legally binding. If someone was caught with one in Canada, it would be up to the court to decide whether this is truely a prohibited device.
    CPC, CSSA

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. — John Stuart Mill

BANNED
    Isn't there no limitation for rounds in tubular mags? Unless your hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Boxster99 View Post
    Isn't there no limitation for rounds in tubular mags? Unless your hunting?
    If it's a semi-auto shotgun it's limited to 5 rounds. If it's manually operated (pump, lever) there's no limit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    I dunno about this one. 4 separate tubes of 4.
    4 tubes making up one magazine. It is one piece. If it were four magazine tubes held together buy a bracket that was part of the gun, it would be good. But wold defeat the purpose of the design.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbore View Post
    Is it just me, or does this ruling make no sense?

It's like saying if you glued 2 Lar-15 magazines together, it becomes one magazine and the total capacity now exceeds the 10 round limit for handgun magazines.

It isn't appealable, but the CFC's opinion isn't legally binding. If someone was caught with one in Canada, it would be up to the court to decide whether this is truely a prohibited device.
    You are talking about attaching two mags together vs building one large unified piece. Apples to oranges.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

BANNED
    Yeah that's what I ment sorry lol

My apologies for posting on another dealers forum but as they are not selling these guns I don' think I am treading on anyone's toes.

We imported two of these shotguns a few years ago and presented an argument to the RCMP SFSS as to why the magazine should be legal. I was congratulated on making a good effort with my arguments, but told no, the 12/16 mag was prohibited. The fact that SRM advertised their shotgun as having a 16 rd mag did not help. I designed a 16 rd mag for this shotgun with 4 separate 4 rd tubes but SRM were not interested in the development of a new mag for our market (Canada) and this would also highlight mag couplers. I chose not to pursue it as it would bring into question "mag couplers" an area that quote "had not been legislated". Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.

For what it is worth I like the shotgun, I have two here, NIB each with a spare mag (Pinned to 5rds) please e-mail Wolverine if interested, I am selling at my cost as this is another R&D effort for a project that never flew!

Email sent. I want both if I can afford them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Bummer. Too expensive for me anyways, but it would be nice to see ways around the silly mag capacity laws we have... Can we ask for a pistol version for 10rd mags!? Lol
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast