Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Grand power

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    "his presentation of events was, at best, selective and self-serving."
    i would challenge you on this my friend, if you think i am lying then i will challenge you to put your grand knowledge of events and your money where your mouth is
    you put up $5,000. And i will match it, you get to seethe paperwork, if i am lying then you get the money, if on the other hand i am not misrepresenting the facts i will donate my winnngs to a couple of charities i already support, do we have a deal ??

john
    like +1

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    His presentation of events was, at best, selective and self-serving.

"PHILOSOFRENZY;
    "he does so because having lower prices means he gets more sales than his competition, which translates to more money."
    I thought we lived in a free market society ?? Am I doing something wrong ??

" "isn't in it for the money" (which, amazingly enough, John has claimed in this thread)."
    Well now, lets not get silly here, of course I like making money, if your question is do I need it ?? No I don't, however I do enjoy dealing with most of the folks in the industry...

"As for the prices he posted, keep in mind that he hadn't posted these in advance, "
    Why would I have posted them, the pistols had not arrived, I learned a long time ago not to do that....

"with some vague description of "things not working out with the supplier."
    I donm't beleive our customers deserve a vague description, as you put it.... They asked honest questions and deserved honest answers....I guess now I will have to apologize for being honest....

"His presentation of events was, at best, selective and self-serving."
    I would challenge you on this my friend, If you think I am lying then I will challenge you to put your grand knowledge of events and your money where your mouth is
    You put up $5,000. and I will match it, you get to seethe paperwork, if I am lying then you get the money, if on the other hand I am not misrepresenting the facts i will donate my winnngs to a couple of charities I already support, do we have a deal ??

JOHN
    John. Let's be reasonable. You're grossly misrepresenting what I've said.

I didn't accuse you of lying. I said that you were presenting the events in a self-serving way. That you can't see the difference is baffling, but let me explain by telling your exact story again, but with a different 'spin' on it.

Supplier: "Yeah, we had a deal, but we had to cancel it when he insisted on being able to sell it cheaper than anyone else was allowed to." You see how this version of the same facts makes you look petulant instead of heroic? It's not about lying. It's about choosing which facts to share, and the way in which you share them, in a way that makes you look as good as possible.

Next, I didn't say there was anything wrong with being in business for the money. There isn't. But you claimed otherwise. You said in response to Plinker777:

Plinker: "I've never met a businessman who was opposed to making money, actually the more the better is the norm. "
    You: "Now you have met one, have you ever compared Marstar pricing to other so called importers ?? I thnk we will all agree that we are better than most, and don't forget our no BS waranty"

I did not claim you should be condemned for being in it for the money--you shouldn't--only that you don't deserve praise for trying to undersell your competitors--as though it's out of generosity. It isn't. It's a means of making more money You know this--and now you've admitted it--but previously, you claimed otherwise.

Finally, I didn't say that you should have posted the prices earlier (only that it wasn't a helpful thing to have done). In fact, I very specifically said what you should have posted: A brief apology, and a statement that the deal fell through with the supplier. And that's it. You disagree--which is fine. But this way of stating things would have answered everyone's curiosity without airing dirty laundry. If your boss asks you why you need a day off, "I have to go to the doctor" will suffice; he doesn't need to know that it's a proctologist.

To sum up: your business ethics aren't in dispute. I've never dealt with you but your reputation is good, as your many supporters here attest. It's the appropriateness of coming on here and bad mouthing your competitors, and your--now their--supplier. It strikes me as unprofessional. I hope I have made my position clearer.

BANNED
    Philofrenzy ...

August 2012 ... 4 posts..

= Troll

Original comment removed out of courtesy for supporting dealers.
    Last edited by rivetc78; 10-09-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Revolted
    Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    Philofrenzy ...

August 2012 ... 4 posts..

SHILL Account for BLUELINE
    John,

We apologize for entering a conversation in your forum, it was never our intent. We respect everyone in the firearms community and we have both been placed in this situation by no fault of our own.

As for the accusations.
    We do not have any knowledge of who this account is and there is no connection between us and the accused account. Please remove this accusation. We have stayed in our own forum and would not post in another supporting members forum until now, this has gone past the line.

Best regards,
    Ryan Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
    We do not have any knowledge of who this account is and there is no connection between us and the accused account. Please remove this accusation. We have stayed in our own forum and would not post in another supporting members forum until now, this has gone past the line.
    Best regards,
    Ryan Patterson
    Well since you are now posting in this forum maybe you could shed some light on this topic..........

Come on now, if you can't back this up NOW, you should remove Bluelines name from your post. I agree Philofrenzy is a troll or a shill, but you crossed the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosofrenzy View Post

Supplier: "Yeah, we had a deal, but we had to cancel it when he insisted on being able to sell it cheaper than anyone else was allowed to."
    "Price fixing is an agreement between participants on the same side in a market to buy or sell a product, service, or commodity only at a fixed price, or maintain the market conditions such that the price is maintained at a given level by controlling supply and demand."

Rather than reply to everyone else (other than John, whom I've answered to the best of my ability), let me say only that the loyalty that is here on display toward John is remarkable, and that it speaks well on his behalf.

Please consider that this loyalty might be colouring your reading of this situation, and that his might explain our differences in perception and opinion. I am a relative new-comer, and have only been lurking here a few months, so I do not have your long history with John to inform my reading of these events. I responded based only on what I read here (it was my interest in .22 pistols that brought me here), because I found what John wrote on this subject to be unprofessional. That's it.

I'd best leave it at that. I've stated my opinion as clearly as I can. Thanks for reading.

Revolted
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs7293 View Post
    Well since you are now posting in this forum maybe you could shed some light on this topic..........
    I apologize I cannot comment on the situation as we were unaware of any shipments to Marstar until John created this thread. I have stated everything that we knew in our own thread and will only be commenting about the Grand Power line in our own forum. I have only made a statement in this thread because of the accusations of Shilling which were made. I felt I had to defend ourselves and to state that we do not have any connection to any accounts commenting on this thread other than this one. Blue Line has one single account and I am the only staff member who is responsible for posting and monitoring Gun Nutz.

Once again I apologize to John for my comments in his forum.

Best regards,
    Ryan Patterson

.....what a read

this should get locked up, its getting a bit carried away and all the info anyone really needs is on the table