Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Calgary Shooting Centre BROKEN INTO !!! Oct10/11 - 2012

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    This is why you put bars on all windows and maybe install protective drop doors to lock up firearms behind the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1303 View Post
    This is why you put bars on all windows and maybe install protective drop doors to lock up firearms behind the counter.
    Wow... Just, wow...

You really need to go back to the 1st post, bud. Start reading from there.

People need to use their noodle before pressing the "SUBMIT REPLY" button.

* Calgary Shooting Center had ample security measures in place during the theft, including bars on the windows...
    The psychotic murderer in Newtown, CT, broke 41 laws – how INSANE do you have to be to think the 42nd law would've had any effect on this madman ?

- Ted Nugent

CGN Regular
    This is why the central storage concept is such a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer74 View Post

You really need to go back to the 1st post, bud. Start reading from there.

People need to use their noodle before pressing the "SUBMIT REPLY" button.
    seems to be quite common on this site for people to reply to the first post, or first sentence of the first post, without reading the rest of the thread first.

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    It looks like it is time to update this story. The individuals responsible were arrested very quickly and trial dates had been set at least three times over the previous years, however today we were told:

I just wanted to touch base after hearing from the Crown Prosecutor on the B&E / Firearms Trafficking matters.

Since the Supreme Court made the ruling in the 2016 R v Jordan case (ruling attached if you are interested), Scott and I have been very concerned that defence for Rodrigues, Trahan and Moore may use the ruling to their advantage. Unsurprisingly we recently found out from Crown Ryan Jenkins that they had.

We fully expected that all charges against the accused were going to be dropped due to the time that it took for the matters to go to trial. Sadly, this is happening in many cases, including homicides.

I was somewhat relieved to hear that Trahan and Rodrigues were pleading guilty to committing the B&E and also possession of a restricted firearms after the fact – sentenced to 3 years jail term. The crown withdrew the firearms trafficking charges to secure that deal. In the matter of Moore, she plead guilty to possession of a restricted handgun. All of them have been deemed to have ‘time already served’ as far as jail time.

The most frustrating part of this situation was that we were ready to go ahead with the trial in 2015 and Moore de-railed it by firing her lawyer on the first day. In recent discussion with the crown and with the benefit of hindsight, we should have just continued on with the trial for Rodrigues and Trahan (although their defence lawyers would have protested). Moore played the system well and ultimately aided her co-accused immensely.

After spending a huge amount of time and effort on the investigation, I am really disappointed at the result. The system has once again failed the victims, you guys, and has not delivered satisfactory justice. I can only apologize to you for that.

As judicial proceedings are concluded, I am awaiting for the handgun exhibits to be transferred from court into the possession of the CPS. Once I have them all, I will make arrangements for them to be released back to you, likely early in the New Year.

I’ll try and catch up with you at the store answer any questions you may have.

So it appears that a couple of B&E, firearm traffickers received a 3 years sentence and served just over 1 year. Next time the government complains about the "gun problem", feel free to remind them that criminals will use and steal guns because the justice system treats it like a very minor issue.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    https://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

Perfect...

Super GunNutz
    The guns stored in evidence had a longer sentence than the perps...
    Last edited by tripoli99; 12-20-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: punct corr

BANNED
    Thanks for the update. For a minute there, this was one hell of a confusing necro thread (always check best before AND posted dates ).

Ruling attached?

Thanks!

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Centre View Post
    It looks like it is time to update this story. The individuals responsible were arrested very quickly and trial dates had been set at least three times over the previous years, however today we were told:

I just wanted to touch base after hearing from the Crown Prosecutor on the B&E / Firearms Trafficking matters.

Since the Supreme Court made the ruling in the 2016 R v Jordan case (ruling attached if you are interested), Scott and I have been very concerned that defence for Rodrigues, Trahan and Moore may use the ruling to their advantage. Unsurprisingly we recently found out from Crown Ryan Jenkins that they had.

We fully expected that all charges against the accused were going to be dropped due to the time that it took for the matters to go to trial. Sadly, this is happening in many cases, including homicides.

I was somewhat relieved to hear that Trahan and Rodrigues were pleading guilty to committing the B&E and also possession of a restricted firearms after the fact – sentenced to 3 years jail term. The crown withdrew the firearms trafficking charges to secure that deal. In the matter of Moore, she plead guilty to possession of a restricted handgun. All of them have been deemed to have ‘time already served’ as far as jail time.

The most frustrating part of this situation was that we were ready to go ahead with the trial in 2015 and Moore de-railed it by firing her lawyer on the first day. In recent discussion with the crown and with the benefit of hindsight, we should have just continued on with the trial for Rodrigues and Trahan (although their defence lawyers would have protested). Moore played the system well and ultimately aided her co-accused immensely.

After spending a huge amount of time and effort on the investigation, I am really disappointed at the result. The system has once again failed the victims, you guys, and has not delivered satisfactory justice. I can only apologize to you for that.

As judicial proceedings are concluded, I am awaiting for the handgun exhibits to be transferred from court into the possession of the CPS. Once I have them all, I will make arrangements for them to be released back to you, likely early in the New Year.

I’ll try and catch up with you at the store answer any questions you may have.

So it appears that a couple of B&E, firearm traffickers received a 3 years sentence and served just over 1 year. Next time the government complains about the "gun problem", feel free to remind them that criminals will use and steal guns because the justice system treats it like a very minor issue.
    I'd like CBC to report on this...yea right as if they would.
    Get some!!! ^^

Unbelievable. ...yet believable.