Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Shooting Centre BROKEN INTO !!! Oct10/11 - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by carlchevalier View Post
    I'm not trying to add gas to the fire but the shooting club i go to take all their guns from the display cases and store them in a vault. Just saying
    Our local place does that as well....Nothing left in cabinets that can be smashed open and alarmed roller shutters on all windows...Sorry, but this 'seemed' a little too easy...

Quote Originally Posted by killer1963daddy View Post
    "locks are for your you friends" my dad always said, " if someone wants in bad enough, they will smash thier way in"
    You are absolutely right but still we must do our best to make it as dificult as possible for the thieves.

At a minimum they must have emptied the display cases and stored all guns in a vault or at a minimum a reinforced metal cage. my 2c.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    If it truly was first class -- at least as far as security was concerned -- I doubt that a robbery would have occurred.

I'm not impressed. All this does is add to the scrutiny/disdain that firearms owners get on a daily basis.
    Blaming the victim for the actions of criminals is bizarre. If somebody wants to break into your business or home they will, the best you can do is to make it as difficult as possible for criminals.

I won't speak to the "class" of your comment.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

Point taken - I would be surprised if they didn't make enhancements to their security controls and procedures after this.

Bottom line - the guns were stored legally.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillmoore View Post
    At a minimum they must have emptied the display cases and stored all guns in a vault or at a minimum a reinforced metal cage. my 2c.
    Can you provide the reference from the Firearms Act, pertaining to businesses... Lemme' guess, "no".

Firearms retailers are NOT required to lock-up guns at the end-of-day in a vault. That's what the bars on the windows are for.

Last edited by Boomer74; 10-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steamy teabag View Post
    Blaming the victim for the actions of criminals is bizarre. If somebody wants to break into your business or home they will, the best you can do is to make it as difficult as possible for criminals.

I won't speak to the "class" of your comment.
    I'm merely pointing out the obvious: That was no ordinary business and the highest level of security should have been in place. Those firearms will soon be converted into "weapons" for criminals. A liquor store heist ain't the same thing.

As for billy goat dongs, I reckon that animal could use three of them: Have a look at where that motorbike is parked in front of the windows. No concrete post or barriers of any kind there -- and that's where the crims went in.

I call that lax security...especially if other gun shops are using vaults for overnight storage on top of first line barriers/alarms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    I call that lax security...especially if other gun shops are using vaults for overnight storage on top of first line barriers/alarms.
    You're totally right...

Armed guards doing foot partol every quarter-hour ought to bring the level of security up to your standards.

Which is the standard all gun-retailers should follow, right ?

Awesome staff and great place. Sorry to hear this has happened to them.
    Round count ++

just got my CZ-858 canadian from these guys. great people to buy from. hope they catch these scumbags soon and recover there firearms

very sad to hear as i am a member there. Glad no one was hurt in the process(staff, members, or other patrons) Hopefully they catch these guys and recover the stolen firearms. and to those ripping on them, who the hell do you think you are? Like others have said if someone wants your **** they will. Over the centuries, walls and other security structures have been beaten time after time. There literally is no impenetrable security system. People really need to think before they post.