Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Calgary Shooting Centre BROKEN INTO !!! Oct10/11 - 2012

You will not find any of those stolen guns in here. There's a 100-200% mark up value on the streets for firearms. Hopefully the douche bags are caught before the guns are sold.
    "If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
    Benjamin Franklin

thats garbage , they are going to have some work to do un pinning the mags lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BP7
    It's a DUTY pistol, not a Faberge egg.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roy6585 View Post
    You will not find any of those stolen guns in here. There's a 100-200% mark up value on the streets for firearms.
    Have you seen some of the firearms on the EE lately?
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

CGN Regular
    There's no point worrying whether a stolen gun is used in a crime. The crime would be committed with or without that particular firearm. The stolen ones might go into the pool of criminal weapons, or they could just rust away in someone's sock drawer. The police will treat this like any other robbery. The only people who'll make a big deal of it, are the anti-gun folks.

I had a handgun stolen from my house, 30 years ago. I expected the cops to put me through the ringer, but they blamed the thief, not the victim. They ended up finding it (the thief actually lived downstairs). I suspect these Calgary guns could end up in Vancouver or Edmonton. They're too hot in Calgary. Anyone caught with one will be on the hook for the break-in, as well as the firearms charge.

That sucks...just goes to show what would happen all the time if we were ever forced to keep all our guns locked up at the range or some "firearm storage facility."

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post

Touché!

Calgary Shooting Centre BROKEN INTO !!! Oct10/11 - 2012

Thanks for the update CSC. Re: security - Do what you've gotta do, we get it. Hope your insurer does too.

CGN Regular Bobby and The Devil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Except that's called highway robbery not gun shop robbery

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    I think the best thing that can be said on CGN, is that CSC deserves support from it's customers to help recover from this outrageous criminal act.

You don't kick someone when they're down. Let's show some honourable support, instead of nit-picking "could-of"/ "should-have" comments.

Of course they will increase security as a result of this.

The thieves have shown that a successful break-in was possible, this cannot be undone, so one has to evolve to counter future threats.

Our world is changing and this is going to make it harder to operate a gun shop, how many other stores are vulnerable to the same type of criminal MO.

I wish CSC all the best and will check their site for stuff I can buy to help pay for their losses, we can all help, so lets do it and keep a great business running.

Would they be allowed to release the serial numbers and models of the stolen equipment ?
    Although Canada is big, i think the marketing for guns is fairly closed and if even 1 of the guns turn up they could possibly trace it back.
    I know I would want a list of serials incase I purchase a rifle off EE and find out later it was one of the stolen ones.
    We should make thread with a list of stolen equipment / just serials we purchasers can cross check to see if it was stolen.