Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Shooting Centre BROKEN INTO !!! Oct10/11 - 2012

CGN frequent flyer carlchevalier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasm View Post
    Super weak post. The cotton candy comment does not originate from the CSC who have not commented to the media at this time. It is from a competing local gun shop and range. Bad guys drove a truck through the front window which was secured by steel bars, alarms go off, security responds. Legally stored guns are taken from locked display cases which are smashed. Bad guys get out before good guys get there. What about this incident would have you think that this is in anyway not reflective of a 'first class facility'...
    I'm not trying to add gas to the fire but the shooting club i go to take all their guns from the display cases and store them in a vault. Just saying

CGN Regular
    Correction: Yes it was another local gunshop that made the remark about cotton candy. But the thrust remains the same: they weren't selling cotton candy.

What would have me think that this was not a first class facility security-wise? How exactly did a truck manage to get that close to bust through. If you have a look at most liquor stores or big box electronic stores etc, they have concrete posts in place (or more) to keep the riff-raff from ramming through front windows/grills with vehicles.

These days -- or actually the last decades -- that's commonsense security.

"locks are for your you friends" my dad always said, " if someone wants in bad enough, they will smash thier way in"

Wow. I just read the news. I really hope that they find out who did it. And I agree with OldWays....a list would be useful.
    Last edited by patrickp200; 10-12-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    Correction: Yes it was another local gunshop that made the remark about cotton candy. But the thrust remains the same: they weren't selling cotton candy.

What would have me think that this was not a first class facility security-wise? How exactly did a truck manage to get that close to bust through. If you have a look at most liquor stores or big box electronic stores etc, they have concrete posts in place (or more) to keep the riff-raff from ramming through front windows/grills with vehicles.

The windows are 4 to 5 feet in the air with a concrete stair case( that protrude out about 6 feet with a ramp for disabled shooters)) in front of that so my quess would be they used rigging to attach to a truck then pulled the bars off.The store fronts you speak of are at ground level where this is not the case and the pillers you speak of would have been as usfull as my ex-wife or or 2 dongs on a billy goat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Thieves break in. There is no such thing as "impenetrable".
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mr00jimbo's Avatar
    Did they not have surveillance footage of the break-in?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Thieves break in. There is no such thing as "impenetrable".
    exaclty my point

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post

Yes they're so stupid for not having concrete bars in front of their windows...

Not like they have a giant wad of concrete in the way...

Quote Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
    Did they not have surveillance footage of the break-in?
    Yes, police have it.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast