Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Canpar that bad everywhere?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    CanPar sucks the big one. They made a single delivery attempt at odd hours, weren't able to make a redelivery attempt and were open for a grand total of one hour early in the morning (across the city) for a pickup.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Well its better than coming home and finding your new m305 left on your door step ...the next day there was a case of ammo ....a month later and the second of my 305s showed up ..I was home and asked why they cold drop off like that and asked if he knew what he was delivering ...he did not know or care ...he gets paid by the delivery no more

CGN frequent flyer
    It took over a week to travel 600km by truck then they forgot to deliver and sent it to the next town and had to wait for a truck to bring it back, tracking is usless as it is about four days out of date. They are so bad that they make canada post look like the modle of efficency lol.

I have ammo coming to me from Canada Ammo via Canpar, missed todays delivery and a signature is required so they didn't leave it at the house.
    Notice on the door informs me the parcel will go back to the vendor if I miss 2nd delivery, but you can sign that notice and add instructions to leave it at the door which I did.

Fingers crossed...
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Personally, I can't understand why they are still in business. I tried using them 30 years ago, and they were dismal at best. Lost important documentation and components.

Used them 5 years ago...same crappy service...same excuses.

Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice...
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    It's probably different city to city, but locally here i find DHL is the worst of the bunch, i flat out refuse to order from anyone who delivers with DHL anymore

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    The tracking system with can-par is top notch.
    The ammo was delivered on time and to the correct destination as per the the directions .
    I only wished the computer tracking was up to the hour and not 8 hours after it arrived at the location.
    Of course others will have different results.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leviathan024's Avatar
    Oh great I have a ammo order hopefully leaving canam soon and now i read this....hopefully i get it at a reasonable time and no hassels. I work 12hrs a day nearly everyday i sure hope i dont have to pick it up at a depot.. i should have ordered more ammo so i only have to deal with this once!

CGN frequent flyer crackerbarrel2's Avatar
    Canpar will drop off at your home,but you first have to sign a "release" they will leave on your door after the first delivery attempt.The form they will leave will request you provide a "safe" location to leave the item(ammo).You can choose your garage,a trusted neighbor,etc.You then sign the form and leave it on your door.When Canpar comes's by for the second and final delivery attempt,they will leave the item at the area you requested.I also work crazy hour's and this method worked for me..Good-luck to you...
    It's what you learn after you know it all that count's....

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    CanPar sucks the big one. They made a single delivery attempt at odd hours, weren't able to make a redelivery attempt and were open for a grand total of one hour early in the morning (across the city) for a pickup.
    I had the exact same experience with my first order from Ellwood Epps. If I had known that Canpar was going to be such an inconvenience ... I can't believe I'm going to say this ... but I would have opted for Canada Post Xpress delivery instead. Never thought I'd prefer Canada Post over another carrier!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast