Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Canpar that bad everywhere?

Good service here from Canpar. Just received a delivery notice on my door today (Ordered from Canammo). Called the 1-800 number with my tracking (barcode) number and arranged pick up for tomorrow.

Cheers
    Dave
    CSSA and NFA Member

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    leaving a signed note on the door before it arrives often works as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    I had good results

Canpar Courier is a a horrible company runner by incompetent people and useless management . So is DHL Global Mail and DHL Canada. I ordered books from Amazon, and they sent it using DHL Global Mail, which uses Canpar as a 3rd party delivery. NO ATTEMPTS WERE MADE TO DELIVER MY PACKAGE, now they want to charge $10 for a "third attempt". It's absolutely ridiculous, and a money grab. Jeffrey the manager from Canpar is useless and uses vague responses to get people off the phone. His Supervisor Lisa is apparently on extended leave, and they refuse to make a 3rd attempt without charging me money. The fail to listen and are completely useless, their delivery people are lazy and clearly stupid.

If you order things from Amazon, make sure you contact them and request to use Fed-Ex or UPS. DO NOT USE DHL they pass their orders to Canpar. And you will be a victim.

FYI- Anyone on here saying their service is good, is clear an employee of Canpar or DHL and trying to do clean up. No one has time to write reviews, we go on here to warn future clients..I mean..VICTIMS, of companies like Canpar and DHL Global Mail.

https://www.canpar.ca
    http://www.canpar.ca/en/ship/transit.jsp
    http://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com

Last time I bought ammo online it was shipped via canpar. I completed my order Monday at 10am and the package arrived at my door (signature required of course)Tuesday at 10am. I was quite impressed with vendor and shipper

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    leaving a signed note on the door before it arrives often works as well.
    i printed out the paper and taped to my front condo door, to let the driver know to leave my package in front of my condo door. Home from work package waiting for me beautiful

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    I knew I was getting a package today, so on Friday I called Canpar to ask them to leave it at tbe depot, as I had to pick my wife up at the airport and would swing buy the warehouse. Not a problem I was told. On Friday the package tracking showed it had left Calgary. Saturday showed it was in Toronto....awesome. As I was halfway down my street today, on my way to the airport, the big Canpar truck turns onto my road. ####!! I stop, slam the truck into reverse and back down my road and into my driveway, Canpar in hot pursuit. Sure enough, it was my package. While I was happy to get it, I have no faith in their call centre and any hold orders.
    Prost!

Berger

Canpar sucks a harry big one in Calgary as well.
    For starters, google maps shows them to be located in an empty field, when they are actually hidden around back of a giant warehouse complex.
    Good thing my buddy went through all the BS with them and could tell me where they were exactly.

He had told them to hold for pickup after an attempted delivery, and they said ya, we got it, come get it. When he went to pick up his ammo, they said uhhhh, duhhh, it's on the truck being driven around the city right now. They also offered to leave a restricted firearm and ammo on the doorstep.

Canpar is wee Todd it. Sofa King wee Todd it.
    Last edited by joe.danay; 02-06-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Just LOVE Canpar. Their internet tracking is a joke. Was getting a firearm shipped 300kms to me, and it left on the 7th. Their on-line arrival tool stated that it would be here today by the end of the day. What a waste of my entire day waiting for them not to come! UGH!
    |CCFR|

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    I live near Peterborough, Ontario. CanPar has provided excellent service, about 5-6 times, no issues
    T
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast