Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Canpar that bad everywhere?

I have had great service from CanPar. They do like to have a phone # for the person receiving the shipment so they can call and arrange drop off. Lots of times it overnight service to towns 400 - 500 miles away.

I am between their Barrie and Toronto location 70 km either way :D. I guess its my luck.
    They have never called me. Maybe because packages were not shipped by Canpar originally from US but by USPS and they have a contract with USPS.
    Don't know. Will see what happens this time .
    Here are Canpar's locations if anyone is looking for it http://www.canpar.com/en/ship/terminal.jsp

Never had an issue with Canpar. Calgary.

Canpar is actually quite good here. The delivery lady always calls and waits, or even brings my packages by my workplace sometimes if she can.

My 4 crates of 7.62x39 which were clearly labeled as ammunition didn't bother her in the slightest. One of the benefits of living in Alberta I guess. Not many anti gun people. She even laughed and said she curses Canada Ammo quite a lot just because of the heavy multi crate ammo shipments.

I avoid ordering from companies that use Canpar and Fedex.

My only experience with Canpar, the driver was not a happy camper as he had to drive an hour and a half one way to deliver to me, his only delivery in my area that day, and bluntly asked me to use a different shipping company next time. Then add in that their nearest Depot is an hour and a half from me should I miss a delivery and actually have to go pick it up, that's just not feasible.

Fedex actually delivered a rather expensive order of mine to the wrong address in the wrong town and had someone sign for it that I had never heard of. After I got wind of this I did some screaming and came home from work the next day in the wee hours of the morning to find the order on my doorstep frozen solid at -40 below.

Needless to say these are two companies I will never use again, if I have a choice.

So far UPS, Purlotor and Canada Post haven't been bad for me. Touch wood :s
    DaScribbler

CGN Regular
    Yea, I avoid Canpar. I had an overly curious driver, gave me an off feeling about ever using them again, I tend to trust my instincts in such cases.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    I've only used Canpar once. They weren't bad in my area and the guy seems pretty nice. That being said, because of the building I live in and the intercom system that seems to be possessed, I try to avoid shipping with any courier. Can't always do it, but unless I'm buying ammo I avoid couriers like the plague. I also avoid buying from companies who ship with nothing but couriers. Sometimes I have to pay more for it but it's worth it in my case.

I missed the delivery today out in Mission BC. Tried to get hold of the local office and even though a number was listed, it didn't work. I have to go all the way into Burnaby to pick up my package from Canada Ammo.

Canpar = ok in big cities, very bad in small towns and rural areas from the sounds of it. The depot can be pretty far away.

Small town...My Canpar showed up after about 6 weeks when " they finally came around this area to deliver some more" What? I got lucky someone else had a shipment trough them or I'd be waiting 'till christmas 2017? First and last time dealing with canpar.
    CG

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast