Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: History of the m14s/m305 from Marstar- John, how about filling us in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    i would love to see more rifles like the ones that came with the 2007 import stamp. as far as building custom rifles goes..... when it comes to chinese receivers... they are some of the nicest to build on

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    John - do you know the story behind the Norinco M-14S 'kits' that were sold around the late 90's? You had to assemble the parts onto the receiver, all major assemblies were together - t group/barrel assy, etc. but you had to fit everything - S.I.R. had them for about 1/2 price of an assembled one.
    Would be great to see "project" kits like these made available again. ..even without the 50% discount vs. assembled. haha.

Thanks John for that bit of info
    All the best
    " It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour , and its assault only failed of success because dead men can advance no further . "
    ( General de Lisle -29 Div comments on the NFLD Regiments Beaumont-Hamel advance on July 1 , 1916 )

Expired Business
    KIT GUNS;

The reason Marstar does not offer kit guns of any type is simple....

With our warranty policy we be inviting problems

John

del
    Last edited by granite; 12-30-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    i just sold receiver, serial number A000*0 to a member here, had no scope mount detail at all and a very slick finish. had the set screw hole and also had the hole in right side receiver lug like the usgi ones. maybe that member can post a pic or two.
    I also was fortunate enough to get my mitts on several unmarked chinese receivers as well as 2 other allan lever early imports with serial numbers under 00100 :D
    very cool thread
    As requested...the finish almost looks to me like black oxide. Cool receiver.

I've also got a few unmarked ones... I like em better than the chinese shop class electropencil markings

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Polar Man's Avatar
    NS (if you use the EE, add your province here at the very least!)
    Just curious what other vendors were selling them for before you got in the game?
    The only free society is an armed society.

Picked-up a 2007 for my son's bday, a real nice shooting rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    i would love to see more rifles like the ones that came with the 2007 import stamp. as far as building custom rifles goes..... when it comes to chinese receivers... they are some of the nicest to build on
    Politicians, they promise you the world and deliver you into poverty.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    I just picked up a used M-14 Norinco marked Bell Lifestyle.CA . It came in a baby poop brown stock that is kind of peeling and greenish underneath. I have never heard of this name or seen this kind of stock. Anyone know what I have ? I hope this is close to being on the topic of this thread.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Bell lifestyles is a HUGE company that deals in importing and wholesaling sporting goods. dealt with them extensively in the sports fishing industry.
    the Bell Lifestyles m14/m305 rifles are the same, some are also marked polytech instead of norinco..... again, same rifle, just a different "marketting company" in china and imported/wholesaled by Bell lifestyles here in canada.