Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: History of the m14s/m305 from Marstar- John, how about filling us in?

I called a week or so back, the word at the time from the staff was days or weeks but not months.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Yes, on your 305th birthday you get a free 305. Simply pick it up in person.
    What do you get on your 14th birthday?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evolture View Post
    What do you get on your 14th birthday?
    Most people get puberty but then again.... every once in awhile you come across someone whos parents kept them home on a sick day that day and they never seemed to recover...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

Wow.... You should really write a book before you retire John. I bet you'd make a decent sum of money with it....it's certainly really intriguing. I just started majoring history and honestly this looks like stuff that just aren't written in textbooks...

Btw quick unrelated question? I remember a long time ago I had a history professor tell me that most East German small arms stocks were shipped to Afghanistan as a means to support the Mujihadeen in fighting the Soviets there. Apparently I was told the states contracted a third party arms dealer to do it. What's your thoughts on this?

on topic:

My mom used to do clerical work in the PRC for the PLA in the early 70s. She told me after the war was over she saw a couple boxes of "black guns" and some stuff she's never seen before being shipped back along with the chinese troops. I'm sure the chinese have managed to find ways to capture and reverse engineering weapons anyways... Hell we had mauser broom handle factories established back in the warlord era.

I have to admit this was a real kewl read. Lots of good questions and even better answers. Thanks for the history Johnone it was very interesting. You need your own TV Series like that Family Guns in the US. Hehehe. I can't imagine the frustration of your job though finally get what you think is a great deal then the government steps in to give you a headache and make everything uncertain. I bet nothing goes as smooth as it should.
    Member;
    CCFR, CSSA, CPC, /G\
    NCR 1st Recon motto "The Last thing You Never See"

Expired Business
    PSYEX;
    I am glad you found it informative, perhaps in the new year I will have time to put out some other tid bits of information I have accumulated over the past decades....

As for the TV series, it was already offered.... For security reasons we did not think it was a very good idea.... Besides who would watch me when you have Bart Simpson?

You can be assured the Murphy's law applies on a daily basis....

Best Regards and Merry Christmas
    John

I am a real history buff so hearing about how a rifle goes from the factory to the military then through to the public is quite interesting. Honestly if I was born at the right time in the right country I may have tried my hand in the arms game however I leave it quite happily to the pro's. With the way things go in Canada I was not surprised when a lot of the mom and pop gun stores closed. I never thought about the security aspect of a tv show I guess you are right I suppose it is not a good idea to advertise where you keep the goods and how. I know all about Murphy's Law I have been serving in the CF for 16 years now and it is as true now as ever. The critical round is ALWAYS a dud. Merry Christmas to you and yours and keep bringing in the good stuff and I will do my best to keep buying although the wife is not as thrilled about that as I am, LOL. It's all for the Zombie apocalypse, hehehe. One can never be too prepared.
    Member;
    CCFR, CSSA, CPC, /G\

Expired Business
    PSYEX;
    Merry Christmas to you and your family....
    BTW you can explain to your wife that being interested in firearms is a chronic illness, the only treatment (not a cure) is the purchase of an additional firearm from time to time....

John

I have a m305 shorty...love it great rifle! My wife got me a sage international EBR stock for a early Christmas gift! Can't wait to get it put together! Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in the Edmonton area??

P&D used to have a good one.
    Member;
    CCFR, CSSA, CPC, /G\