Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW-14 magazines?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    I always heard some kind of CZ mag would work...
    Not for the JW-14.

The JW-15A is the one you're thinking of, which is a clone of the Brno Model 2, which became the CZ-452 after CZ took over Brno, and has since evolved into the CZ-455....

The only reason I know that is because I have a CZ-452 Lux (see profile pic) and was looking for spare mags that didn't cost an arm and a leg (so far, no luck - but I bit the bullet a while back and just bought some CZ mags at $40 a pop, so haven't looked in a while).

I got a pair of Marlin 10rd nickel magazines from eBay, about $15 shipped apiece.
    Here they are pictured next to a plastic JW-14 stocker. (click for larger version)

It took a bit of filing down the sides to get them to fit, I think about 0.1-0.2mm around the part that fits into the mag well. It remains to be seen whether they will feed the ammo nicely, and I won't find out until I have a chance to go shooting, hopefully next weekend. Also, there is just a slight gap between the front of the magazine and the mag well. I wonder if this might pose a hazard of venting some hot gases down towards my supporting hand, although once the action is forced open then that would provide the path of least resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by gctkaz View Post
    I got a pair of Marlin 10rd nickel magazines from eBay, about $15 shipped apiece.
    Here they are pictured next to a plastic JW-14 stocker. (click for larger version)

It took a bit of filing down the sides to get them to fit, I think about 0.1-0.2mm around the part that fits into the mag well. It remains to be seen whether they will feed the ammo nicely, and I won't find out until I have a chance to go shooting, hopefully next weekend. Also, there is just a slight gap between the front of the magazine and the mag well. I wonder if this might pose a hazard of venting some hot gases down towards my supporting hand, although once the action is forced open then that would provide the path of least resistance.
    Let us know how this works out. I need some mags!

Quote Originally Posted by steverini333 View Post
    Hi there

Does the Champion 25 round marlin 70/795 mag for sure work in the Norinco JW 14 rifle???? I have asked clay at Prophet river to bring some in for me and if they work a lot of the JW 14 .22 rifle owners would love to buy some.

Thanks steve
    Let us know if they get them in. I have had one on order with my local dealer for almost 2 months now. I'd take a couple or so.

Bearc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Canadian Tire sell JW14 mags for 19 bucks each. My CT in Sussex NB always has lots.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

Quote Originally Posted by fraserdw View Post
    Canadian Tire sell JW14 mags for 19 bucks each. My CT in Sussex NB always has lots.
    If you can get the SKU number of the mag next time you are in CTC, please share. Not all CTCs carry firearms, but if they have the SKU number, they can order it. They can't readily look it up though. Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    ack that
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

CGN frequent flyer
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc_Lviy...e_view_type%3D

Yes they work...for MY rifle, a little sanding/filing of the side of the mag where it fits into the mag well was needed, in order to prevent "pinching" that stop the next round from popping up.
    In the video, remember that the Champion mags are clear plastic...I painted mine.
    Cheers

my champion 25 round mag works perfectly in my jw-14 as well, actually the mag works like sh#t in my 795, that it is suppose to fit, however in the jw-14 it works great, in fact even the wood on the stock is cut out perfectly to slide in, almost like it was custom made for this rifle, which is surprisingly an excellent rifle for the money, not that i have had any trouble with functionality of any norinco product. for the record i have had best success with the pro-mag 25 rounders for the 795, however they are way too tight to squeeze into the jw-14, and the stock 795 mags definately dont fit the jw-14. anyway just more info from my experience, hope it helps

Where did you guys buy the Champion mag? couldn't find them anywhere...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast