Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Norinco JW-14 magazines?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    As promised. Folks. The SKU for 10 round JW14 mags at Canuck Tire is 93-2936-0. Just pick up a bunch in Sussex NB. Also 5 if them fit neatly in a USGI Molle grenade pouch staggered 2 down and 3 up.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

will these mags fit in a 'KKW Trainer' [JW-25A-NC] ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    No, they will not. The KKW takes CZ 452 22lr magazines.

I also modified a promag 25 rounder, and it works great with minor fitting. Doesn't look half bad either.

My norinco bakelite one was broken from factory, cracked on the seam so that it would spread apart and nto go into the rifle if it had any ammo in it

Quote Originally Posted by RMXC51 View Post
    Another retailer has the rifles in stock and says that Marlin mags work. Well, I can tell you the mags for my Marlin 795 sure DON'T work. And the other retailer so far hasn't bothered to find out which mags WILL work. I always heard some kind of CZ mag would work but don't have easy acces to try them out here.

The mag is definitely the weak link in the JW but it would be nice to have a source for some kind of extras!
    If you take some time and a hand file/dremel and mil out a bit of the mag well marlin 795 mags will work, also this mod allows original mags to still work. Be aware however there is potential for the 795 mags to seat too far. i find inserting the with bolt closed solves this problem.
    -Forced pacification through superior firepower.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234