Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ858 tabbed bolt-carrier

CGN Regular
    If the tab is fracturing off, it's not the tabs fault, it's the installers as far as I'm concerned

IMO, this is a problem that should not even exist. It's a pain. Could they not have just left the auto parts in and modified the disconnecter so that auto wasn't possible? By gutting the trigger assembly, it opens a whole new can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyn View Post
    If the tab is fracturing off, it's not the tabs fault, it's the installers as far as I'm concerned
    And what difference does that make? You will still be left with a malfunction the moment the tab brakes off. Besides, I didn't blame any tab or any installer, I just know I read that somewhere in here.

I have had my two carriers for a few years now and was actually planing on getting a TIG machine to do it myself. Problem is, I haven't been able to justify the cost of such an expensive toy, yet. But one of these days....

why do you need a tig? just do it with a Mig ! if your a half decent welder its really no problem at all... just practice abit welding 1/8 with proper heat setting , and make sure you clean n bevel the pieces to be welded (prepped ) and clean up the final weld

- theres so my hype bout using a tig for this... only welder i wouldn't use is stick ... the part is just too small for that

Tig has a lot more control for heat and filler metal, if your using a mig you better be running some small wire,really small something you would use for body work. cause as soon as u blow a hole through where the striker goes your probaly buying new parts. Tig is the way to go.

yes, tig has nice control....

well i did mine with my miller 212 mig and it was a snap... just turn your heat down

guess i have some super human welding skillz haha

does anybody have measurements for the tab? Ive got a welder and can make the part but im looking for some dimensions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12