Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ858 tabbed bolt-carrier

CZ858 tabbed bolt-carrier

Hello,

I read the sticky/readme at the top of this thread re: not selling to the public, but pointing people in the right direction.
    Can you point me to where I can get a tabbed bolt-carrier for the CZ858? I've got a lefty NEA carrier, but it isn't tabbed and the gremlin annoys the piss out of me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks much.

- Pretzel

Bbb
    Last edited by hillside42; 02-08-2018 at 02:54 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    What do you mean by "tabbed"?

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...=1#post7599068

Or do the CSA bolt carriers not have this problem at all?

you can weld the tab yourself if you can weld or know a buddy that can weld. just need a tig welder. I've done a few of them, both my cz's and a couple friends cz's. Have to cut and grind the right size of tab, clean bolt carrier. I used a tig to do the welding, have to be careful when welding because some weld will push through, and will have to carefully file where the striker goes in the hole (careful not to file of little nub that locks striker in) once welding is done just have to file to fit, after that gremlin is gone. It is a tedeious little project, and takes me about an hour to do. I just copyied a csa carrier. It seems the cz will have this gremlin sooner or later. My gremlin came after about 1500 rounds, and when it came it come on strong. Buddy shot about 10000 rounds before he got the gremlin, other buddy mabe 400 rnds.

CGN Regular
    PM broncoo on this board

BANNED
    I agree. He does a solid job.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyn View Post
    PM broncoo on this board

if you never have any cocking issues, and don't have a tabbed carrier, would you guys suggest welding on a tab? or not messing with it?

CGN Regular
    It's up to you really, some say they've never had a problem in several rifles, me on the other hand, I had the gremlin in my one and only. It seems that the gremlin can sneak up as your round count climbs. If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks (it's not an expensive mod) then I believe it would give good peace of mind. Once mine was tabbed, I was very confident in it's reliability.

I solved my gremlin problem, at least for the time being, by bending the sear spring to put more pressure on the sear. Yes, it makes the trigger pull a little heavier, but I haven't had any failures of the striker to stay cocked when firing ever since. Now, I have two bolt carriers, so in the long run I might end up tabbing one of them, just in case. However, if I remember correctly, I have also read here on CGN of welded tabs coming off when firing. So I guess that is not a 100% solution, either. All the same, I'll have one of my carriers tabbed, if and when I find someone who can do the work locally or somebody who could do it cheap enough and I could ship to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast