Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1903A4 Sniper Rifles

Curious to know who shot with the rifle and whats the accuracy ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catapult View Post
    here

jeez !!! Dear santa !!!

Quote Originally Posted by catapult View Post
    Curious to know who shot with the rifle and whats the accuracy ?
    I don't think you should worry with that...
    ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̀益•́)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
    The JRA furniture is just gorgeous...these rifles may not be numbers matching collectables, but if you appreciate a historically accurate refurb and top notch craftsmanship don't think twice about picking one up.
    1) The furniture is modern repro stuff with repro stamps.
    2) These aren't refurbed sniper rifles. As I have read elsewhere on the net, they are "re-watted" parade rifle actions that were never sniper rifles in service.

They are still nice builds representative of the real deal, but these small points are important when considering whether to purchase one. I think if I bought one, the hi-lux chinese scope would have to go in favor of a real Weaver or Lyman.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN Regular
    So. Much. Want.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    1) The furniture is modern repro stuff with repro stamps.
    2) These aren't refurbed sniper rifles. As I have read elsewhere on the net, they are "re-watted" parade rifle actions that were never sniper rifles in service.

They are still nice builds representative of the real deal, but these small points are important when considering whether to purchase one. I think if I bought one, the hi-lux chinese scope would have to go in favor of a real Weaver or Lyman.
    1) Fully aware the furniture is repro..I have a JRA Garand...what I was trying to get across is that it is beautifully done exactly as it would have been manufactured originally.

2) except for the furniture my Garand is a refurb..I thought these were the same..I should have said "re-pro".

I'd also probably try to source an original scope..however it would be purely for my own satisfaction as it would do very little for the collectability of these particular rifles...just as sourcing an original USGI sling for my Garand won't make it any more than what it is, a nicely done mismatched collection of re-furb parts. Still happy as hell with it

Quote Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
    1) Fully aware the furniture is repro..I have a JRA Garand...what I was trying to get across is that it is beautifully done exactly as it would have been manufactured originally.

2) except for the furniture my Garand is a refurb..I thought these were the same..I should have said "re-pro".

I'd also probably try to source an original scope..however it would be purely for my own satisfaction as it would do very little for the collectability of these particular rifles...just as sourcing an original USGI sling for my Garand won't make it any more than what it is, a nicely done mismatched collection of re-furb parts. Still happy as hell with it
    As far as I know, the receivers and the bolt are original

Dan explained in this thread:
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ngfield-1903A4

''They're genuine US military receivers, hand fitted and headspaced with military bolts by a gunsmith for perfect fit, refinished to exact military specs, and paired with a hand-shaped stock. They're the pinnacle of a 1903A4.''

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    We carry Levy's leather slings,and they make a military sling that would be appropriate.
    Craig
    Can't find on the web site. Anyway, I bought a repro M1907 shooting sling

here is a short video I just made after I received my M1903A4 this afternoon
    Beside is my no5 Jungle

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5gkCMcBq74E

drool

nice vid !
    Last edited by vermintrex; 11-06-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast