Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1903A4 Sniper Rifles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
    Is there another import gonna happen for these ? Sign me up.
    You should contact Gary, he's a gr8 guy to work with.
    ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̀益•́)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

Expried Business Member
    Hello Everyone,

We have a few of these beautiful 1903A4 models available for sale on our website!!

http://www.wanstallsonline.com/james...a4-.30-06.html

Shipping is free in December!!

Cheers,

Gary

oh crap...I just bought one....how the hell am I gonna get this into the safe without my wife finding out ?

I'm about to feel a world of pain ; )

Mine was shipped yesterday, waiting for it to arrive.
    Time is the fire in which we burn.

Its an awesome rifle. I had few questions with the missing clips on the front handguards (got explanations from JRA) other than that, this rifle worth the money and I thank Wanstalls to bring them from USA to here

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    1) The furniture is modern repro stuff with repro stamps.
    2) These aren't refurbed sniper rifles. As I have read elsewhere on the net, they are "re-watted" parade rifle actions that were never sniper rifles in service.

They are still nice builds representative of the real deal, but these small points are important when considering whether to purchase one. I think if I bought one, the hi-lux chinese scope would have to go in favor of a real Weaver or Lyman.
    The Hi-lux Repro of a Winchester A-5 was NEVER used on this rifle. These rifles are 03A3 receivers, not 03 receivers. If memory severs me, only 50 1903 USMC Match rifles fitted with Winchester and Lyman A-5 types optical sights were ever built. Some saw service in the Pacific. The 8x Unertl USMC Match rifles known as the M1941 Sniper Rifle were also built on 03 receivers. Neither of the USMC Match rifles were EVER built on 03A3 receivers.

That said, you could probably modify the James River rifle to accept either of the Hi-lux scopes, but you would forever have people that know the difference pointing the issues out. Further more please don't go an buy an original 03 and MODIFY it to accept either scope.

If you want an 03 sniper, pay James River the money, or failing that, look for an original and hand over the minimum $5000. I have had many offers for my 03A4 over the past 6-7 years. I will not sell as I won't find another original.

here she is...next to a real rifle

Expried Business Member
    Have had interest in "basic" 1903 rifles from JRA for some time now... happy to report that they have come in the door this morning! We've notified all the people who emailed us and they're starting to walk out the door already. :D

Check out our thread on them here or see the rifles on our site directly here!

Cheers,
    Daniel

Hi.
    Is there any chance you guys will order new 1903A4's from JRA in the future ? Please let me know coz Id like to get one.

mp sol

Expried Business Member
    Incoming! A very limited supply of JRA 1903A3 and A4s, gonna go with the standard first come first serve on this batch, so send emails with your inquiries to tyson@wanstallsonline.com and I'll see what I can do to bring you and one of these historical rifles closer together.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast