Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pleasantly suprised. ISSC MK22 owner

Pleasantly suprised. ISSC MK22 owner

I've been frustrated everytime on the field with getting failures of all kinds, researching, fixing this and that, trying different ammo, but going back out to be disapointed. I read all the fixes online, but still no luck, untill i took the gun in to get it serviced by the ISSC dudes. FINALLY, first time out with zero failures, the gun shoots like a dream. I must say the whole experience was excellent. The guys from North Sylva allowed me to drop by to watch the service guy work on the gun. Overall great experience!

Thanks now i'm a happy camper! The gun shoots as well as it looks!

B

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Thats awsome! Mine wasn't too bad out of the box but needed a bit of work. Did they replace you bolt?
    CCFR/NFA

I have one too. Put about 300 rounds through it and had probably 5 fte. I didn't think that was to bad. Do you know what the issc guy did to it?

Good to hear. I use to work within the neighborhood before I got my RPAL. I met a few of them and purchased some accessories and they are pretty good to deal with. Maybe you can post what was the extent of rework/repair was performed so owners can weigh things before playing with some suggested fixes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    That is great to hear. The guys at North Sylva are fantastic to deal with. Hope it keeps running as good as it is now.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

they replaced the bolt and gave me a spare one along with other spare parts. it was a good educational experience. this gun is super reliable with just a few tiny tweaks...

yeah, he started to notice i had wax build up in chamber from CCI ammo that caused the occasionally failure to feed, we added the washer and changed the bolt (he also gave me an extra bolt) and some tips on cleaning the magazine to prevent failure to ejects. It was just good to sit down with him to see him work with the gun and magazine peice by peice. I think all the solutions out there are already figured out by past cgners. He just new what my problem was by looking at a marking by one of the bolt holes. I missed adding the washer solution and didn't know my bolt carrier was stripped. But more importantly I was impressed how they were so friendly and informative, plus all the free extra parts didn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpguy View Post
    I have one too. Put about 300 rounds through it and had probably 5 fte. I didn't think that was to bad. Do you know what the issc guy did to it?

The other interesting thing was that the 2 guys I met from the ISSC service team were not chinese. There was a master and an apprentice, the master was an older man, very cool, full of worldy experience, and definitely had a heavy german accent.

Cheers,
    B

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Good to hear, the MK22 is hands down the finest looking tacticool rimfire on the canadian market but the reliability issues have prevented me from buying one.

I'm gaining a more confidence in this product, good job.

I'm stoked to hear that. Mines at North Sylva right now getting looked at. Hoping to get it back soon. Very hopeful now!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast