Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Costs Question

Shipping Costs Question

Hey John,

I called Marstar today to order a crate of ammo 7.62x54r I asked the nice lady on the phone how much shipping was going to be and I was told $73.xx I live about 6.5 hours away from your shop I think n4s7w3. This seems very high so I did not order, is that a mistake on the shipping price? If thats what it costs so be it but I was just wondering.

Thanks!
    Chris
    "For in reason all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar
    In this case, would not a private e-mail to Marstar be more appropriate than posting something like this on a Public Forum first?
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

It is an honest question with no ill intent, a simple answer of "thats the cost" or "give us a call back" would work.... I don't think there is anything to hide here but I have been wrong before and if this is out of line for an open post I will apologize to John.
    "For in reason all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery."

CGN Regular
    Ammo is heavy and expensive to ship. In many cases, shipping is not entirely dependent on proximity from your shipper/receiver.

Marstar does not have a retail/public access store so you can't pick it up.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cranium View Post
    Ammo is heavy.

I agree

There is also a hazardous materials charge placed on shipments of ammunition. I believe it's usually around 27.50, at least thats what wholesale sports says it is for their products. This is a flat fee that does not change with the size or destination of parcel. So this high surcharge, combined with a heavy overweight charge for the item makes it very expensive to ship

Quote Originally Posted by StevieK View Post
    There is also a hazardous materials charge placed on shipments of ammunition. I believe it's usually around 27.50, at least thats what wholesale sports says it is for their products. This is a flat fee that does not change with the size or destination of parcel. So this high surcharge, combined with a heavy overweight charge for the item makes it very expensive to ship

I did not know about the haz mad fee...thanks for the tip

Haz mat fee is a load of ####e I have ordered ammunition from other companies and never paid it.

That being said a crate of 7.62x54r is VERY heavy and will likely cost a lot as it has to go through courier.

Expired Business
    POSTAL CODE PLEASE, we cannot qute without it....

n4s7w3.... was in my first post. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast