Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Norinco JW-21 .22LR lever action

CGN Regular
    These things look so good, I like a shiny stock

I have one for sale in the EE

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    I have one for sale in the EE
    I got all excited, then I saw your price

They are $200 new and you are asking $275.

They were $200 when you could get them. Last place I saw that had them was Lanz and they were $300. I suspect when more come in, they will no longer be $200.

Can am had them recently and the price on their site is $200

I don't think I've seen a norinco .22 for over $200 new actually

I got one last month ..$199.00

This one was the Western Version
    Straight stock .. Two front barrel bands .. High hooded sight

What I can report .. As info is limited ..

Fully compatable with Winchester part supply ( exception is the front sight - not welded to the barrel ) Front sight has an insert that fits into a dovetail and accepts a screw down through the sight .. All metal and hardened .. Hood is spring steel

Lever is finished, but one should dremel the edges , sand with 400 grit and reblue the edges with a cold blue kit .. ( see you tube / eBay

You will want a leaver wrap .. ( eBay)

Do not cycle the lever when you get it as the cosmoline and odd dirt in it will cause you to feel that it is not as smooth as it really is ..
    Hammer top that slides along bolt group should be sanded or stoned smooth and reblued ..

Winchester saddle ring fits this like a glove

Mag tube is steel not brass like Winchester .. That is what oil is for ..

All in all .. Great. 94/22 copy that is not a safe queen, and you will not mind getting the odd ding .. Perfect for Stingers and Velositors, my unit was spot on out of the box at 50 yards .. Tac driver

Action smooth at speed , but nothing to compare it to as no 94/22 safe queens owned by me ..

Nice pull length .. Not a kids model ...

Furnature was good , obviously not hickory , fitted well, but not evenly stained on some edges, satin finish, not gloss as some pics show ..

Comments: Retail web pages continue to show Legacy model for sale , while you tube vids continue to reflect the western model, but seems there is also a hybrid modef with a legacy pistol grip stock and two bands on the Barrel . I was expecting the legacy model ... Due to my retailer having e-mail issues, I was never able to actually get info on what model they were supplying, in one of my unanswered e-mails I had suggested as their sight showed secondary pictures of both models , I wools prefer the Western model , did they comply with my wish , or do they just ship what they have .. Unknown .. One may want to check if they are concerned ..

R

Update .. Got my hands on a Winchester 9422 XTR

The Winchester has unknown rounds and the action seems to break ( stall ) once just as the bolt lines up with the breech, where the norc jw21 seems to have a second break just prior to this when the action is half closed as opposed to almost closed ..

Will this be reduced with wear .. Unknown ..

So action is not as smooth in this comparison, but it is not rough either ..

Would this cause me to spend $700 for a working Winchester ( or $1500 for a safe queen ) no .. My $199 was well spent ..

My next lever action will be a tactical .45 acp or .223 ( mag fed ) ..as soon as someone builds one .. they will come ... They will be sweet .......

Quote Originally Posted by rocor98 View Post
    Update .. Got my hands on a Winchester 9422 XTR

The Winchester has unknown rounds and the action seems to break ( stall ) once just as the bolt lines up with the breech, where the norc jw21 seems to have a second break just prior to this when the action is half closed as opposed to almost closed ..

Will this be reduced with wear .. Unknown ..

So action is not as smooth in this comparison, but it is not rough either ..

Would this cause me to spend $700 for a working Winchester ( or $1500 for a safe queen ) no .. My $199 was well spent ..

My next lever action will be a tactical .45 acp or .223 ( mag fed ) ..as soon as someone builds one .. they will come ... They will be sweet .......
    Browning already makes a lever 223

Quote Originally Posted by homslice View Post
    Browning already makes a lever 223
    I will check that out .. Seems to have all the berries .. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123