Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SGWorks bullpup stock for SKS legal in Canada??

SGWorks bullpup stock for SKS legal in Canada??

On youtube I found a great looking stock for the sks made by SGWorks..they say they don;t ship to Cdn addresses..is this stock legal to obtain in the US and bring to Canada? It would only be the stock with no magazine..all sks stuff would be in Canada already. Thx for the feedback.
    "The fun you're havin aint worth the fun your gonna have"...this ain't Dodge City and you ain't no Bill Hikcock..Dealing with some people is like trying to bail out the Titanic with a dixie cup...sure you get a nice warm fuzzy feeling; but the ship is still going down

NO. In so many ways, NO.

A bull pup stock that fits a rifle in Canada where the specific bull pup stock is not an integral part of the firearm (e.g. if you can take the barrelled action out of a normal stock and move it over to a bull pup stock) is a prohibited device here in Canada. There are a few legal bull pups here in Canada but the stock and rifle are integral to point that you cannot take the 'rifle' out of the bull pup stock.

Also, you cannot legally export out of the US firearm parts including stocks.

Now get ready to be flamed by a bunch of folk here because the 'can I buy this bull pup stock for my SKS - M14 - 10/22 - fill in your rifle here', comes up often. Not as often as the 'can I buy part xxxx and bring it back from the US' question, but the bull pup question comes up a lot.
    Fusilier
    Webmaster for:
    IPSC NS - www.ipscns.ca

CGN frequent flyer
    No.

Thx so very much..just wanted it to be all legal etc..no sense in being stupid so might as well ask..
    Cheers
    D
    "The fun you're havin aint worth the fun your gonna have"...this ain't Dodge City and you ain't no Bill Hikcock..Dealing with some people is like trying to bail out the Titanic with a dixie cup...sure you get a nice warm fuzzy feeling; but the ship is still going down

Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    NO. In so many ways, NO.

A bull pup stock that fits a rifle in Canada where the specific bull pup stock is not an integral part of the firearm (e.g. if you can take the barrelled action out of a normal stock and move it over to a bull pup stock) is a prohibited device here in Canada. There are a few legal bull pups here in Canada but the stock and rifle are integral to point that you cannot take the 'rifle' out of the bull pup stock.

Also, you cannot legally export out of the US firearm parts including stocks.

Now get ready to be flamed by a bunch of folk here because the 'can I buy this bull pup stock for my SKS - M14 - 10/22 - fill in your rifle here', comes up often. Not as often as the 'can I buy part xxxx and bring it back from the US' question, but the bull pup question comes up a lot.
    There is certain things that are allowed to be exported and come into Canada. Stocks are allowed, because you can order enfield stocks into Canada without any issues at all.

Super Moderator
    All gun parts are controlled for export from the US. Some are more controlled than others.

Direct question has been answered. For more information on restrictions on US exports google "ITAR". I'm sure someone will pop by with the link to Canadian Import restrictions (which as I understand it is where the no-bullpup rule is).

Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    There is certain things that are allowed to be exported and come into Canada. Stocks are allowed, because you can order enfield stocks into Canada without any issues at all.
    Great. Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing. So I guess the Tapco kit is the other good one. To get things straight, I can modify my SKS with the Tapco stock and other accessories, and it is still a legal, unrestricted firearm? I'm a noob. Forgive my ignorance.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bgoresky View Post
    Great. Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing. So I guess the Tapco kit is the other good one. To get things straight, I can modify my SKS with the Tapco stock and other accessories, and it is still a legal, unrestricted firearm? I'm a noob. Forgive my ignorance.
    I was a noob when answered and unaware of the bullpup restrictions. Stocks can be brought into Canada from the US, if they meet certain criteria which includes permits and all that fun stuff, but can be waived if the price is under a certain amount?

Most parts (springs, triggers, sights, etc.), if under $100, do not require a permit or paperwork. Provided that the seller is a licensed exporter such as Brownells. If the part is over $100, or is something like a barrel, receiver, etc., then the export paperwork needs to be done. I ordered seveal parts to build my Marlin .45-70 the way I wanted it. Ordered in two or three separate orders, some needed paperwork and others didn't. The permits weren't hard to do, Brownell's was very easy and helpful along the way (they do this thing quite a bit), and I got everything I was looking for- oversize loop lever, XS Ghost Ring sights, Wild West Guns trigger, hammer spring, extractor, etc.

Stocks, as long as it's not the dreaded bullpup or some other heinous item, can be brought in if it's under $100 no worries. Boyd's and Stocky's have quite a few that fall into that category.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, DADDIES WITH PRETTY DAUGHTERS KILL PEOPLE!
    "Get a shot off FAST. This upsets him long enough to make your second shot count." -Robert A. Heinlein.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast